I have had a year long battle with Terminix getting service times set up only for the technician to come when eve HE wanted, be it time or day.Subsequently, he never gained access to the interior or garage.

A mouse problem was getting so bad it was attracting venomous and non venomous snakes to hang out in the garage.

When I asked them to come out to take care of the mouse problem (having on my own, removed said snakes) they were rude and kept repeating they did not do snakes.Duh!Terrible service and will NEVER use them again.

Review about: Terminix Pest Control.

Had an Experience with Terminix?

Comments

I worked with them for about 7 years before I got out on my own and started my own business.I think the biggest problem with them is they expect their techs to do 14 stops a day which leaves no time for customer/'tech relationships or even time to pet the dog....know the kids.....or just plain talk about life....my spin on it is your in their home, you need to take time to talk about whatever they have on their minds whether it is bug related or otherwise.

That has served me well in my own business.Its owned and operated by just me which is the way I like it, and I, with the grace of God, will never hopefully have to work for another company again....

I was recently "let go" from Terminix simply because I didn't sell enough. My customers loved me, never rec'd any complaints, always completed my route 95% or greater, and collected well each month. But because I didn't sell 2-3000$ worth of overpriced and oftentimes totally unnecessary products and/or services every month they had to let me go. While I did in fact sell (usually at least 500 -1000$/month but sometimes well over the 2000$/month "goal"), my numbers apparently weren't good enough. Trust me, you are far better off with a locally owned pest company that doesn't offer all the other products/services and force their service techs to sell. Or better yet, go to doityourselfpestcontrol.com and you can get the exact same products that I used as a tech.

Do the math: On average, the yearly cost for pest control with Terminix is $300.00 (75$ every 3 months). Go to doit yourselfpestcontrol.com and spend 50-100$ and you will have enough product to last you 2 - 3 years.

terminix pest control for 3 years =$900.00

doityourselfpestcontrol.com for 3 years = $50-100.00

And if you do go with Terminix, pray that your service tech (pmp) actually gives enough of a rat's *** to provide a good service, because believe me, plenty of them do not. Just a little information and common sense is all anyone needs to take care of their pest problem. There are plenty of avenues one can use to gain necessary info to treat their home correctly,...

Obviously I'm not happy with the way I was let go, but the above points reflect the way I've felt for quite some time. I was with the company over two years, and I developed a lot of good relationships with many of my customers. I can honestly say that I treated my customers the way I would expect to be treated, and tried to treat their homes like each was my own. In the two + years I was there, I did see a lot of questionable ethics. And nearly all of these situations revolved around money. Sell, Sell, Sell!! was the mantra.

Do yourself a favor, think twice about dealing with the big companies. Like every other large corporation, it's all about the almighty dollar.