winter is just around the corner snow is about to fly,bugs are about to die if you pay for people to spray in the snow u must have a lot of doe!ask your pest control co for winter delay,TERMINIX,ORKIN ETC will not give in threaten to cancel and i gaurantee you will get there attention or go local small co they will do what u want! and i'snt that what u want ?? I am tired of seeing these big corp ripoffs it's about time we send them the message!nobody needs winter pest control unless they have roaches,bedugs,rodent,issues

Review about: Terminix Pest Control.

Comments

Heard they where offering winter delays this year in Pittsburgh area could someone post if they where able to delay there service till March Thanks

Great info. You are right they would not delay my service after yrs of service,between there call center disaster,no phone calls,different people servicing my house,no return phone calls,Terminix has lost touch with there customers,went local tired of all the lack of poor service issue with this co.After all I pay you!!!I WE DO not need service with 2" of snow around it did you spray around your house this week? I DON"t think so...

to CUSTOMER Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States #760333

Absolutely right who are these morons to show up at my house spray the exterior with 8" inches of snow on the ground spray on the snow mind you in 4 min I timed him,knock on my door and ask me to pay for his snow service we laughed his face and sent him away,he never told me or knock on door on arrival,just started spraying told us they are forced to do service from management side,and he said they get paid by there stops ,here in lies the problem if these guys don"t spray they don"t get paid Bad situation there for employees and consumers Beware of Terminix showing up and spraying your house with 8" of snow around it

to CUSTOMER #764619

So again... Can I just charge you double in march? If you're okay with that, then I'm okay with skipping your December service.

to Seasonal customers can shop el #783222

You will have to worry if you have customers in March Mr. TERMINIX Lol Lol Lol Thanks For the business!!!

So do you expect someone to bust his back for you all summer and then collect food stamps in the winter? Would you rather pay $100, four times a year or would you rather pay $135, three times a year?

Either way, their service price is $400/year. If you can't afford it, then don't take service at all. But if $100 is too much for you, then you don't deserve a professional service. I guess you thought pest techs don't have to pay their mortgages, feed their families or buy Christmas presents for their children in the winter months.

99% of the customers are good people that understand that everyone has a job to do. The 1% that think like you don't deserve to have my pest tech at your house.

to CJ #783213

Bug person: All customers determine what your service is worth to them. You do not get to tell customers how much they must pay to support you.

Customers do not care about your personal needs once you are off their property.

Customers see exterminators as spray cans they do not have to carry around and push the button on. It is that simple.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States #587488

IT is really a matter of common sense nobody needs the exterior of there residence sprayed in 5 inches of snow it is a violation of the pest control label,they know this,the local agricultural agencies need to take a better look at these consumer concerns,these national co. have been violating the label for yrs,just call your local agricultural office if they apply pesticide in winter months,or simply call a local service in your area that will not Force you to pay for Exterior Winter pest control ,you will totally be quite surprised with the smaller co.

approach to winter most of them will only service you in winter months if you need it mice etc..,they do not Force you into long term . contracts,and the B.s.that comes with sure you have heard in all, money is really tight in this down market, nobody needs to pay 90'00$ for Exterior Winter pest control,hope this info helps anybody who has been recently purged!

totaly, totaly, in violation of the label,they know you are 'not' suppose to treat when soil in frozen or snow covered just call local agricultural dept. to log complaint and leave it to them to investigate the treatment,they will probably get fined and laugh it off and continue there daily purging off the public all they worry about is the almighty dollar not you or your property>?

#419862

Recently had termite treatment performed by Terminix just want some unbiased opinions on treatment regulations since service was done with snow present on day of treatment,was it effective!illegal,not effective,etc. someone has suggested I call the local agriculture dept. probably good starting point,Called local office they assured me everything would be fine but after reading these post i'm not quite sure?

Wildwood, Florida, United States #417189

Speaking as a former Terminix Manager that just quit to get his life back; I just had to remark on the comment posted below by LPISS101 on Nov 12, 2011. When you wrote "....I have seen a change in the last 4 years." You got it right there my friend!

It was 4 years ago that Terminix parent company "ServiceMaster" was bought out by a private equity firm called CD&R. This is when things changed at Terminix, TruGreen, et al for the worse. There became a short-term focus on Return-on-investment, instead of sustainability, quality growth, customer service, and employee retention. Terminix/TruGreen does treat their Techs like *** if they don't sell a lot of extra services.

And they will still have them spray for "pests" even when the temps are below freezing!

They will also cave-in on your price if you threaten to cancel. Even so, you would still be better off cancelling anyway, and finding a local company that really values you as their customer.

to Terminate Terminix! #757865

That's exactly what we did!! Terminix is so out of touch with consumers amazing they are still in business..We tell everybody about our experience with Terminix these post are right on point.

Wildwood, Florida, United States #415231

Terminix "cousin" TruGreen (which is owned by Terminix-Servicemaster), has the exact same shady business practices. They offer a service line call "Nuisance Pest Control".

This is where TruGreen sprays a 3 feet buffer around the "perimiter" foundation of the house to keep out crawling bugs. I live in Michigan where the first freeze hits around the 3rd week of Oct. Well TruGreen still went ahead and did 2 pest sprays in NOVEMBER just 2 weeks apart from each other.

I know it was worthless to spray that late into the season. Their all just greedy corps that want your money!!

exactly what these idiots are 3 inches of snow and he is walking around my house!last visit on contract will go local lot of great info here,consumers need to read before you sign they will spray your house in snow,good riddance TERMINIX! losers!

just cancel winter visit and then call back in spring and tell them you want reinstated at the same quarterly rate,they do it all the time,they never refuse revenue,also you customers who have been on the books for more than a yr. call and get you rate lowered they will go as low as 50.00 a quarter they are losing 100's of customers daily due to there business practices last couple years, my sugggestion stay far, far, away from this co.your choice?

watched these idiots spray the exterior of my house today it was 25 degrees today in pittsburgh, i am so glad this was my last visit on my contract, will find local co in spring who will not rip me off!the technician was very nice and basically told me he gets paid by his stops,he also told me they would lower bill if i complained,i only get exterior srvice kids have asthsma,try to call local office, no success got some other office another problem there!

When I worked there, they actually forced me to call customers in winter and tell them that if they did not take service in winter then I would be fired. ***, Im glad I got my life back! Nothing like a little stress to take on as an added benefit!

ASK FOR WINTER DELAY THEY SAID NO MY TECHNICIAN TOLD ME HE WOULD HAVE TO TAKE A PAY CUT IF I DID NOT TAKE WINTER SERVICE GUESS WHAT I GUESS HE LOSES THE THE NEXT 3 SERVICE TO !WINNING WENT TO A SMALLER INDEPENDENT HE TOLD ME HE WOULD RESUME IN SPRING, AT MY PREFRENCE,ALSO AT A LOWER RATE AND NO ANNUAL CONTRACT,I REALLY LIKE MY TECHNICIAN AND FELT SORRY THAT MY CANCELLATION HAD AFFECTED HIS INCOME TOLD HIM HE SHOULD GO TO SOMEONE WHO WOULD APPRECIATED HIS DEDICATION TO SATISFY HIS CUSTOMERS HE SAID HE WOULD BE APPLYING TO OTHER CO'S SOON,BAD ECONOMY YOU WOULD THINK THERE WOULD BE SOME FLEXIBILITY HERE NEEDLESS TO SAY THEY COULD CARE LESS ABOUT MY CONCERNS, THE SERVICE MANAGER WAS VERY ARROGANT!GOODBYE TERMINIX!

I thought it was impossible to finnally find someone who thinks this place has a bad smell to it !the more consumers that call about winter delays the more results,my local independent pest co. has increased his bussines 10 fold due to terminix's lack of response to there customers,they know certain areas of the country should have winter delay,they don't want to give there employees unemployment because they are afraid they will not come back!and heaven forbid a couple of useles managers lose there bonuses!insist on winter delays or go local-its time to support the small guy! and top supporting these corporate pigs!

Use to work there to all they worry about i s bottom line,There were times we had no chemical or rodent supplies questioned mgmt they would tell us order is on the way feel so for the hundreds of customer that where serviced during the wait!Used to work in Pittsburgh office The mgrs got compensated very well there at the cost of the consumer!Service people there pretty good but not appreciated!SERVICE MGR was totally useless would pass all his work off on service and staff? and got great joy out of antagonizing his service staff multiple complaints file against him nothing ever done to resolve his abuse!I work for a smal local co where the cust come first and I AM APPRECIATED everybody that leaves terminix actually gets ther life back!My advice is to stay local everything you read on these website is pretty accurate,Be careful with your decision as to who you let apply pesticide at your residence some of these guys are trained 2 weeks and put out to fail as I SAID THE SERVICE MGR COULD CARE LESS IF HE KNEW HIS JOB HEAVEN FORBID IF HE HAD TO GO TRAIN HIM FOR HIS PROBATION PERIOD?