Monett, Missouri

A friend of mine recommend Terminix to me so he could get his discount, well I gave it a try and from day 1 they are unreliable and don't know what they are doing as I watched them do their 5 minute walk through and spray some water on the wall board and never under the house. I was also charged for a visit they didn't even make which is when I decided to cancel.

When I cancelled I was threaten to be sued unless I paid for that trip they didn't show, well I paid but beleive me I would never recommend Terminix to anyone and will tell them my story and have them check the reviews like I should have done myself. If you get an adverisement in the mail from Terminix put it in the trash because that is what it is!

Comments

Wildwood, Florida, United States #414212

You folks know that there is a complaint registry website set up just for problems with Terminix. www.syix.com/emu

amwmejm

Have to add I worked at Terminix for over three years and I quit the job was not fired and I would not recommend their service nor would I recommend working there. All you will ever hear is we have a procedure for that which is double speak for we are not going to do anything about your problem because we do not give a *** about our employees.

I was recently "let go" last week simply because I didn't sell enough. My customers loved me, never rec'd any complaints, always completed my route 95% or greater, and collected well each month. But because I didn't sell 2-3000$ worth of overpriced and oftentimes totally unnecessery garbage every month they had to let me go. While I did in fact sell (usually at least 500 -1000$/month but sometimes well over the 2000$/month "goal"), my numbers apparently weren't good enough. Trust me, you are far better off with a locally owned pest company that doesn't offer all the other products/services and force their service techs to sell. Or better yet, go to doityourselfpestcontrol.com and you can get the exact same products that I used as a tech.

Do the math: On average, the yearly cost for pest control with Terminix is $300.00 (75$ every 3 months). Go to doit yourselfpestcontrol.com and spend 50-100$ and you will have enough product to last you 2 - 3 years.

terminix pest control for 3 years =$900.00

doityourselfpestcontrol.com for 3 years = $50-100.00

And if you do go with Terminix, pray that your service tech (pmp) actually gives enough of a rat's *** to provide a good service, because believe me, plenty of them do not. Just a little information and common sense is all anyone needs to take care of their pest problem. There are plenty of avenues one can use to gain necessary info to treat their home correctly, without having to pay dearly.

Obviously I'm not happy with the way I was let go, but the above points reflect the way I've felt for quite some time. I was with the company over two years, and I developed a lot of good relationships with many of my customers. I can honestly say that I treated my customers the way I would expect to be treated, and tried to treat their homes like each was my own. In the two + years I was there, I did see a lot of questionable ethics. And nearly all of these situations revolved around money. Sell, Sell, Sell!! was the mantra.

Do yourself a favor, think twice about dealing with the big companies. Like every other large corporation, it's all about the almighty dollar.

I worked for Williams Pest Control and I could not believe how bad the owner Royce would lie to elderly people and women.He plays the innocent Mormon act and I learned real quick how fake and two face these people are.Infact he did a job at the Hard Rock Casino and he knew that the device to shock pigeons was not properly wired by him and another employee he takes advantage of.I went back to working construction after a brief pest control recession job and in 25 years of work I have never seen such a group of non skilled ripoff artist in my life.Please,watch the guy when he comes to your house,they are so lazy they cut corners and dilute the chemicals.I guess thats why he portrays the mormon 6hrs of church every sunday. I only go for 1 hr a week yet I dont steal or take advantage of people.Shame on him!

Try working for this company!! What a joke!!

It was so bad that I told them I could not sleep at night because of the bad business ethics & I quit.

After 6 months of training I found a company (PESTMALL.COM)that sells the exact same products for your pest control needs.

Check them out.