3.3
Service Scheduling

I had two termite treatment plans in place when I sold my home, one renewing 7/1, the other 11/1. I cancelled both contracts 8/1 expecting a prorated refund for the unexpired portion of each plan.

The prorated refund for the 7/1 contract (11 months) was $279.50. The prorated refund for the 11/1 contract (3 months) was $79.00. The Branch Manager calculated a combined refund of $230.00. Besides the amount of the refund, I was extremely frustrated that there was no way to speak with the Branch Manager to learn the basis for his calculation.

All calls to his local number were re-routed to the national call center who has no information on the calculation and no authority to make adjustments.

His calculation is the final word and there is no opportunity to discuss and/or dispute. It is not a friendly customer service approach to doing business.

Product or Service Mentioned: Terminix Customer Care.

I liked: Technicians.

I didn't like: Dealing with terminix customer service, Decision makers not available to discuss their decisions, Policy of no treatment plan refunds after 10 mos fm payt, Cannot speak to local mgr to resolve a complaint.

Comments