1.4
Additional Fees
Service Scheduling

This summer a rep came to our door with the opportunity to have our house sprayed for $100 if we were not happy with the service we could cancel. We signed paperwork based on the what the rep said but the paperwork was much different.

The cancellation fee is $79 . Unhappy with the service we cancelled without anyone mentioning a fee . I found out when I received a bill. I called the district and branch manager they did not care what I told them.

I paid so I would not have to ever deal with the company again. Don’t trust the rep at the door read the fine print Sad

Product or Service Mentioned: Terminix Manager.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

Ummm, it's worse than that - our Terminix contract had to be cancelled in writing, 30 days before the end of the "one year term". They tried to charge us for another year 10 months into the 1-year (before you could send that 30 day letter) so we contacted the credit card company, ix-nayed the $800 charge and instructed them to deny any further attempts at charges by this vendor.

The I shot off the cancel contract / do not solicit letter served via Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested to Terminix headquarters informing them that any further attempts at collection would be treated as unauthorized and forwarded to the appropriate authority. Despite this, they continued to call (from collections) and service coordinator for at least a month afterwards. The last one who called was politely informed that anyone appearing on our property would be subject to arrest as a trespasser.

Eventually it petered out, but what lousy management ! Never again - and READ THAT CONTRACT !