I received an e-mail from Terminix with survey about service appointment. Normally they suppose to call me or e-mail in advance to schedule an appointment.

They never did this time. And how I know they did not do service, because 6 out of 7 bait stations located inside my back yard, behind locked gate and that is why they did not live any paper work, service was not done.

When I call in central office, they told me that their record shows that service was done that day. Two weeks ago I called to cancel the contract and get my money back, nobody answer the phone in local Staten Island office and Central office told me I have to contact local office...

Comments

I agree with the poster here GGGQQQ@AOL.COM...Call one of your local TV stations and tell their 'investigative reporters' do an undercover report on them with hidden cameras. I have seen this reporting done with other dishonest service companies, and what goes on when the customers are not around is really an eye opener!

they're starting to put an active bait in the sentricon system now, thus foregoing the wood. good and bad.

but in my honest opinion, as a former terminix employee, I really think the sentricon system as a whole is a gamble at best, and depending on what type of manager/branch you have (honest/dishonest), your "protection" coverage is also 50/50. The problem with Sentricon is that there is an avg of 20' between each of the green stations. I always wondered why a foraging colony of termites couldn't simply "split the uprights" so to speak, bypassing the stations altogether, and find your home. Terminix LOVES sentricon because the overhead is nil, it can be installed in a very short time, and it's annual renewal costs keep putting big $$$ in Terminix'x pocket.

Be sure to do your homewor: ask for customer referrals, check around to see if your Terminix branch has a good reputation. $850 for the initial install and first year, @ $300 for the annual renewal after adds up pretty quickly for a questionably effective product.

watched service being performed today service tech never lift one placebo from stations,went out to question service and he told me they would change placebos in spring when it was warm ask him why i had to pay for quarterly visit if they where not changing out moldy station told him i had done a little home work about my bait system told me he would promise to come back out he had all of asudden ran out of material to replace placebos,i asked him why he would check station without having proper material, he looked dumfounded,and apoligized ,he told me i was his 17 stop that day it it was only2.30p.m.needless to say i think the 16 before me got the shaft to !! thank god for video cameras gotcha!i will be making a call to the attorney generals office i think this is much bigger then we all think!

GO OUT AND TAKE PICTURES OF UN CHECKED BAIT STATIONS OPEN THEM UP YOU A WILL FIND THEM MOLDY AND CAKED WITH DIRT AND MUD, COMMON OCCURRANCE TERMINIX THEY ONLY USE PLACEBO'S IN STATIONS NO LIVE BAIT UNLESS YOU HAVE A HIT AT STATION, BUT HOW YOU GOING TO HAVE A HIT IF THERE NOT CHECKED CALL INVESTIGATIVE NEWS REPORTER IN YOUR LOCAL AREA THAT WILL IMMEDIATLY GET THERE ATTN.