1.4
Service Scheduling

A Warning: STAY AWAY FROM TERMINIX TERMITE SERVICE!! THEY ARE DISORGANIZED: There was very poor communication between the initial "inspector" (i.e.

salesperson) and the persons providing the services. I was told I needed soil and attic preventative treatments (no signs of termite activity in my house). On the day of the scheduled attic treatment, an inspector arrived instead. He looked in my attic, and said that I have no problems, and don't need that treatment.

Later that afternoon, another associate called, ready to deliver my scheduled attic treatment! THEY ARE INCOMPETENT: When the technicians arrived the following week to do the soil treatment, they didn't perform the service as it was described. I was told that they would go all around the house, trenching where the could, and drilling where necessary, to thoroughly treat the soil around the home. I wasn't there to observe, but it seemed that they only trenched, and only where it was easy to gain access.

There was no drilling done. Virtually the entire front and back of my home were not treated. Perhaps it wasn't necessary. I don't know.

But perimeter protection only works when it covers, well, the perimeter! This is what was promised, but not delivered. THEY ARE UNRELIABLE: When I raised these concerns with the service manager, he promised to send the team back out to perform the service correctly. The scheduled day came and went with no technicians showing.

THEY HAVE QUESTIONABLE BUSINESS PRACTICES: After being fed up with all of this, I cancelled my contract. It took many weeks, and many phone calls, to finally get them to acknowledge that my contract was cancelled, and that I owed no balance. Now, a couple of months later, I’m being contacted by a debt collector! IN SUMMARY: As a consumer, I expect professional, competent, and honest performance from my service provider.

Terminix is also my regular pest control provider, and I have had no issues with how that service is performed. But quite frankly, the termite side of the business strikes me more as a confidence game than a professional service, and thus my rant. They left me with a very bad feeling.

I’d sooner burn my house down to address an infestation than allow these people to render service. BE WARNED!!

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of termite service from Terminix. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $500 and wants Terminix to "cancel contract. acknowledge no balance due. call of collection. leave me alone!".

The most disappointing in user's experience was treatment not as promised, cannot resolve issues and nearly impossible to terminate relationship. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Terminix for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments