1.4
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

My sister and I wanted one time treatment for ants and cockroaches. We have a limited income so we planned on doing more appointments as needed. Somehow she now has a one year contract. I understand that she has to fulfil the contract.

What I dont understand is the tech lying to our face about what service we were signing up for. Techs will show up at the house without appointments. The first time I assumed my sister made the appointment so I let them spray. She didn't make an appointment they just showed up unannounced.

We've been trying to cancel the contract but they talk in circles. There has to be a cancellation policy. So we refuse service but techs still come to the house. When I asnwer the door I tell them we dont want their service. They get very pushy both in person and on the phone. I was trying to be nice to the guy and tell him we were trying to cancel the contract and didnt want service but he kept talking. I finally had to say "NO, DON'T DO ANYTHING!" and shut the door on him.

We are on the phone now trying to figure this out. Again, if we have to pay for the year, I get it. Its crappy that they misrepresented the contract when we specifically wanted one time service but I understand our obligation. I cannot stand their technicians pushy attidudes, relentless calls, and harassment at my house. I cannot stand technicians scheduling appointments and not telling us.

On the positive the ants and roaches are gone. No follow up treatment was necessary.

This reviewer shared experience about return, exchange or cancellation policy and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Terminix. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Terminix.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Household Services category for more informed decision or compare Terminix to other companies on our site.

Comments

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa #1191118

Terminex policy is to tried to call you 3 times if no answer after the third time they will send you a postcard out on a specific day which sometimes if the customer sees it in the mail they will tell him if it's a good day or not. You need to call the location manager if there's not three phone calls on your ticket and a postcard sent out you can ask for a refund for that service.