20.7K views

Terminix is all about the bottom line: MONEY. Here are some examples:

* As a former service manager, I can tell you that pesticides are rationed according to how well the branch is doing financially (so, for example, many times your pest control technician doesn't have enough pesticides to properly treat your problem because it's not cost effective for the branch to buy the stuff)

* It's all about dollars per hour. Every single morning, the branch manager meets with his service managers about how the pest control technicians did the previous day in terms of time spent on service calls vs. dollars earned. If a technician spends too much time at your house, the managers will know it. When I was a manager, we wanted to see a technician spend no more than 15 minutes per service call. This, of course, is not at all sufficient. It takes at least 15 minutes just to inspect the premises for pest problems, let alone treating any infestations

* The technicians are improperly trained. There is such a high rate of technician turnover at Terminix that new employees are rushed through the pest control and safety "training". This mainly consists of watching a bunch of videos. Then, the new technicians will be tutored on exactly what is on the pest control certification test required by the state. They will be taught, in essence, how to beat the test but they won't really know anything about pest control when it's over. A popular saying among Terminix service managers is that their pest control technicians take the "spray and pray" approach to pest control. You don't want that. You want someone who knows how to identify pests and their behaviors before determining the best way to get rid of them.

* Termite sales people are taught how to mislead you, scare you, and otherwise suggest that you have termites in order to get you to pay large amounts of money to treat the "termite infestation" that you allegedly have. If a Terminix sales person says you have termites, call a second company and tell them that Terminix said that you have termites and you want another opinion. The second company will likely tell you the truth if Terminix is lying- mainly because every pest control company hates Terminix. We used to have sales people that took live termites to people's houses, hidden in a jar, and show then show them to the customer as proof that they had a problem. Totally unethical.

* Don't buy the Sentricon termite bait stations. It's a waste of money and it is not at all effective. They do not draw termites to them- the only termites that get in there are the ones that happen to be burrowing right near the bait stations. Other termites could just as easily be drawn to the wood of your house. It's a scam.

* Always - ALWAYS - be home when Terminix pays you a service call. They will try to convince you to take the service when you're not home. Don't let them. The technician will come there, do nothing, sign the paperwork and put it in your door.

* When you cancel your account, get it in writing. If necessary, drive to the branch location and make the customer service rep give you a copy of the canceled contract. Terminix is notorious for continuing service, saying it was a misunderstanding, and then sending you to collection when you refuse to pay for service that you did not want because you had already been assured that your account was cancelled.

* Area managers and Branch managers are encouraged, and shown how to, refuse to compensate you for any damages your house incurs from termites- even though you are supposedly covered under their "guarantee".

In short, Terminix is not only the most unethical company I have ever had the displeasure of working for, but they are well known to their competitors in the pest control industry as being the most underhanded company out there. STAY FAR, FAR AWAY

Review about: Terminix Pest Control.

Had an Experience with Terminix?

Comments

Thank you !

I read the agreement before meeting the salesman this Saturday it states.....

"No Class Action Lawsuit" " Annual Contract is implied" BUT I requested a 1 time fumigation via tenting and the salesman sent an annual agreement.

must go to arbitration, the highest interest legally possible if you don't make a payment etc..

and then I read your post .FOR THAT REASON I'M OUT !!!

I think I dodged a bullet.

Poway, California, United States #1217049

This is the worst company ever!!! never use them!!!

Woodstock, Connecticut, United States #1189150

That's the exact thing I was thinking. Like I said my Tech Jeremy Serrano is excellent and I very happy with him a day the branch that services my house.

to Anonymous Hollywood, Florida, United States #1217580

Well to sum this all up I used to work for Terminix for a few years and it's a probably about a 80/20 rule being in favor of 80% is BS it's on ethical and your talk some very negative practice to get people to sign contracts and the other 20% is probably you two guys on here talking about you don't understand you never do this kind of stuff happened you weren't taught that then you one of the lucky ones because it happens every day so thank God that you guys have some morals and professional ethics but 80% of the rest your industry far is Terminix your company they don't so you could support what you do but don't dive in with loyalty when patterns are recognized and Terminix has a huge patteren of deception and that I work there I watched it happen I was a manager and I got my butt chewed out for not following their production will see the letter to try to fit the bottom line so these people that are pissed off they've been played they been misinformed and that's how Terminix has become the largest you don't get to the top of the mountain and business what I'm doing some things that are behind the curtain so you two guys or three that I've read that I kind of missed call someone didn't live up to the obligation yes they did but you're not on the other side so you're not having any issues but if you were on the other side you'd be complaining too if you want treated unfairly so that's the way the ball bounces it's all true it's 80/20 rule when you guys are with the 20 that...

Woodstock, Connecticut, United States #1189149

Opinions are like *** everyone has one.I on the other hand love my terminix tech and he is very knowledgable about all his pest.

I had a very bad mouse problems.

Got an Exclusion Contract with Terminix and now the only mice I have in the house are my kids.My point not every branch or tech is the same.

Thanks for the information do you recommend any company that does a good job and reasonable cost

I quit Terminix fairly recently.They are unethical, biased, hypocritical, and yes, I was with someone that went into an attic and cut the duct to make it look like their rodent activity was worse than it actually was.

It's happens a lot. If you have kids and are a single parent, don't waste your time applying. If your kids are home sick one day good luck. If you have to *** for anything regarding the home or children, just turn in your resignation instead.

THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT FAMILY, THEY CARE ABOUT MONEY.Greedy.

Seems to be angry about being fird.

So so so so so so so TRUE!!!!!!!!!

I work at Terminix a salesman and all of this that this guys is talking about I never heard about.I have never takin termites to anybody's house or roaches or anything.

You don't have to do that in this business because the majority of people especially the ones that call you already have the problem. In other words the problem already exist so you're not selling them on anything that they don't already have. It sounds like this guy lost his job and he's having a difficult time movin on.

Move on!Good luck!!!!