Let's see, today we had another appointment, part of the service contract we signed for. The technician did not show up, did not call. My husband took time off from work, to make it home by 4 p.m. It is the fourth time that Terminix does not show up. Other (numerous) times it was simply late. Like 2-3 hrs late. Last time- on a Saturday. Why bother, when it's our time? Considering the way they fulfill their responsibilities on the inside of the house (with appointment), I can only imagine the way they work when the appointment is for work outside the house. Especially with no note left behind, to acknowledge that they have been there and did the job they were supposed to do. Right now, based on our experience, I can imagine how they simply DO NOT show up but charge people.

Today, my husband called the company at 4:30, then at 5:30. They claim that they could not get in touch with their tech. Really? Then I called, around 7, to reschedule for tomorrow. "We can not reschedule, we are not your local office, the local office is closed, we will forward a note and they will contact you". Really? It's the week before Easter. Our house is a mess, since we moved things and furniture around, for the appointment. Maybe they'll show up tomorrow, if the local office will be (finally) able to track down one of their techs. maybe they'll come on Thursday. Why bother? Well, it will be the last time that WE bother to do business with them. The very last time. I hope Terminix will file for bankruptcy by the end of the year. They fully deserve it. Merry Xmas...y'all from Terminix!

Disgusting way of treating customers and fulfilling the service contract. Disgusting.

Comments

I was recently "let go" last week simply because I didn't sell enough. My customers loved me, never rec'd any complaints, always completed my route 95% or greater, and collected well each month. But because I didn't sell 2-3000$ worth of overpriced and oftentimes totally unnecessery garbage every month they had to let me go. While I did in fact sell (usually at least 500 -1000$/month but sometimes well over the 2000$/month "goal"), my numbers apparently weren't good enough. Trust me, you are far better off with a locally owned pest company that doesn't offer all the other products/services and force their service techs to sell. Or better yet, go to doityourselfpestcontrol.com and you can get the exact same products that I used as a tech.

Do the math: On average, the yearly cost for pest control with Terminix is $300.00 (75$ every 3 months). Go to doit yourselfpestcontrol.com and spend 50-100$ and you will have enough product to last you 2 - 3 years.

terminix pest control for 3 years =$900.00

doityourselfpestcontrol.com for 3 years = $50-100.00

And if you do go with Terminix, pray that your service tech (pmp) actually gives enough of a rat's *** to provide a good service, because believe me, plenty of them do not. Just a little information and common sense is all anyone needs to take care of their pest problem. There are plenty of avenues one can use to gain necessary info to treat their home correctly, without having to pay dearly.

Obviously I'm not happy with the way I was let go, but the above points reflect the way I've felt for quite some time. I was with the company over two years, and I developed a lot of good relationships with many of my customers. I can honestly say that I treated my customers the way I would expect to be treated, and tried to treat their homes like each was my own. In the two + years I was there, I did see a lot of questionable ethics. And nearly all of these situations revolved around money. Sell, Sell, Sell!! was the mantra.

Do yourself a favor, think twice about dealing with the big companies. Like every other large corporation, it's all about the almighty dollar.