On March 15, 2017 we entered a contract with Terminix Pest Control to protect our home from termites

We paid $1,091.67 to have a bait barrier around our home. Our annual renewal was listed as $279.00.

On Januray 19, 2018 we paid a renewal fee of $319.93. According to the contract it should have been $298.53 if they added in the tax. This was $21.40 more than they originally stated.

Now in 2019 we received a bill in the amount of $426.93. This is $128.40 over the contract annual renewal fee. This amounts to a 43% increase from the original contract.

I called to talk to a representative and was told that since I live in the Mississippi Gulf Coast area that there is an increase in termites in this area. Due to the increase in termites they say there has to be an increase in the annual renewal cost!!! My contract meant nothing!!

The representative said someone in management would call me back. They didn't! (Oh, what a surprise!!)

I called back and did talk to someone in management that told me there was nothing I could do but pay the $426.93 or cancel my contract. My contract meant nothing! They lied and cheated.

What a scam!!!! A 43% increase!!!! I would NEVER recommend Terminix.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Give me the renewal rate that we agreed upon with the original contract..

I liked: What i was promised.

I didn't like: 43 percent increase of annual renewal fee in 2 yrs.

Comments