Update by user Apr 06, 2013

Update: Since I wrote this complaint and stopped using Terminix and started using an off-the-shelf bug spray, we are 99% free of bugs! I think Terminix was actually bringing bugs to the house every visit!

I can't believe that after I stopped their service the bugs quit appearing.

Seems very suspicious to me! I am so glad I got rid of them and have saved hundreds of dollars!

Original review posted by user Apr 14, 2012

I mistakenly thought I had to have Terminix when I bought my house because the former owner had them for eight years, I thought they must be good. NOT!

First they scammed me out of $75 (after nine months of emailing and phoning I finally got someone to listen to me and I got it back) then after having their service for a year I was still seeing water-bugs, roaches, spiders and silverfish; not just in my house, but in my cabinets and silverware drawers! When I told the guy who does the spraying he said yeah, they can get in. Well, that is what the spraying was suppose to prevent! Here I have paid over $700, that could have been spent for other things on bug protection, that didn't even work!

Plus, there were two times when I wasn't even here for the spraying and found no ticket when I returned so I can't really know for sure if they sprayed or not. I believe they are a huge company that doesn't care about the consumer at all. Most of the time they were trying to sell insulation for the attic to me! $1,800 worth!

Plus when they kept sending me notices to renew I would write on them that I did not want to renew and send them back, yet they kept sending them to me! I was getting one every few days! I finally had to write the BBB and the local office and the corporate office to get them to finally call and tell me they would not send any more mail to me. I had to threaten them with a harassment suit to get that done.

You would be better off going to your local lumber yard or Wal-Mart to get your own bug spray and do it yourself.

I wish I had! Not only does their service stink, their customer service is even worse!

Just don't make the same mistake I did. Stay away from Terminix, they will just take your money and you will still have bugs!

Product or Service Mentioned: Terminix Customer Care.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Apr 14, 2012.

Comments