I currently work for Terminix International in the Carroll county area. i have been working there for years now and can honestly say that there is a mix of good and bad there. The good being most technicians intentions/abilities and the bad being the managements inability and/or willingness to follow through with anything that a technician tries to initiate.

I take pride in my work as most of our techs do. I enjoy investigating the issues at a customers home and providing whatever solution that best fits and most thoroughly satisfies the customers needs. After all, to most of Terminix's customers we technicians the face of Terminix. After years of service, i know that if do not complete or provide whatever solution i propose that day before i leave i know that it may not occur if i have to rely on Terminix management to schedule a return visit if it isn't one that they'll make money on. Pardon my language but i bust my *** to do exactly what the customer calls for kill and/or exclude pests from their home.

I do not resent seeing the complaints on here. i resent the company managers for caring about chasing a buck and killing reputations instead of chasing away customer worries and killing pests. If i were financially able to, i would start my own company. One key mission of my company would be quality not quantity. So many of our issues during any given work day would be alleviated by reducing the size of our routes.

Each technician has roughly 200-220 (210 average) accounts to service a month. Each tech does about 14-18 (16 as an average) stops a day. We're to spend 15-20 and sometimes 30 minutes (an average of 21.66 minutes) at each one. Not including drive time that is 5.78 hours. Factor in an average of 12 minutes drive time between each one. That's 3.42 hours drive time in one day. So total time for a day is about 9.25 hours. and that does not include lunch since, because of crammed schedules, we don't have time for them even though they tell us we are entitled to them.

Then throw on an average of 2 extra services a day with no pay. though each extra service is different they usually take longer than a regular service because they are for a specific reason and require more in depth treatment/investigation. so now we have a 10.25 hour day.

We are not hourly employees either. we get paid based on production. and a draw from the company's piggy bank that we pay back. therefore we don't produce we don't get paid. So when you say that we are only in it for the $ you are incorrect but are in the ball park.

Everyone has a job to make money. to support their family. to pay their bills. to have a life outside the job. We care for our customers but unfortunately we get caught behind the eight ball that is our next to impossible schedules. If ever anything that I've done at a customers home is anything short of a stellar performance i apologize but hopefully after reading this, you the consumer will see things as they are. That it is simply the business side that gets in the way of the personal care.

Thank you and i hope that you find the company that is right for you.

Review about: Terminix Customer Care.

Comments

Wildwood, Florida, United States #413750

Hey there fellow Service Master slaves. I feel your pain.

We over here at your sister-company TruGree"d" have it just as bad. These same comments/complaints could and are written about TruGreen. This is why our parent company Service Master hasn't cut a profit in the past 10 years. The entire corporate structure is in shambles.

"Wood rots from the inside out!", as the saying goes.

This is why they're owned by a private investment group (CD&R) which are the bottom-feeders that just "strip & flip" companys. Look at the official "Terminix Sucks" website at www.syix.com/emu Also check out Terminix employee reviews at www.glassdoor.com

:eek :upset :sigh :( :x

Mr. Peabody

Ther is NO way that a tech can do 16 stops in a day and provide quality service!

open eyes

Dont bug me....s

Not sure why you are attacking me but i dont check this site every day. As far as an answer to your tick problem i am unsure of how to proceed with treatment given your health issues. I can say that an outside treatment with something like Nylar Adulticide in the shady and longer grass areas would be my thought for treating someones home that does not have health issues. I only say this because i am unaware of what possible side effects there may be for someone susceptible or vulnerable to chemicals.

As for being told to go to home depot and get spray i dont agree with that being the first option given after finding out you have a health issue. there are resources your tech can use to possibly find a solution. However, we are a pest management company and any chemical used is meant to kill insects so there is always a risk. Perhaps your tech is apprehensive/reluctant to use anything that may interfere with your well being. It is a tricky line to tread when we are presented with precautions and still need to be successful at meeting your needs.

Also we are a structural pest management company and we are not licensed to do "blanket" treatments of whole yard. That may be what your technician meant by getting a spray at Home Depot as our treatments are limited to killing pests before they get into your home along the foundation. I believe we are only permitted to treat up to five feet away. If you were to get a yard spray walmart has Adam's Yard Spray. It kills Fleas on contact and lasts a good while.

JEAN U SURE DO FLIP FLOP ALOT ABOUT YOUR OPINION OF TERMINIX YOU SHOULD BECOME A MGR SO YOU CAN MAKE CHANGE? SOUNDS LIKE U ALREADY R!!!

Waited for a reply all week thinking this guy was not afraid to speak out on what service should be applied for my problem ... He acts like he was all out the customer.

We I guess he is like the rest ....does not care ..triminix came sprayed only exposed wood work 5 mim walk threw. No out side spray. You know what the stop blaming Corp . When the truth is you can be bothered.

I have a health issue and should not have to pay yearly ad ace to keep you employes and when there is a major health issue your company tec does little to nothing... Funny tho g I saw him 3 doors down . Think he could have called to say I'm in the neighborhood , no I was told to go by sprat at home depoe ... By my tec and spray ever week........

Corporate goes out because of people that are like u all . Blame up not what u can do

I have a question for anyone who will answer. How are tic's treated.?

I have a dog and a inside cat who is very old and never goes out. I found over 10 in a week on the dog and a few on the cat. and a few o tne floor board. Both have been taken to the vet for treatment and left for 24 hours to make sure the treatment was effective......

I also called my service tec... Vacuumed washed walls floors. Bedding , clothing etc. What is the service application used to treat tics on your end of the resolve..

What steps should I expect my tec to help me in this problem. I do not live in the woods ether. I live in a condo community that does outside spraying , plus what my tec sprayed along the condo. We have grass ,trees, but are not in the woods .

What's your option on what I should expect from my tec? Thanks

open eyes

S Jean-

I have worked for companies where i did not get paid because there was nothing left. I have worked for small companies that went completely under because of taxes, larger companies take the business, poor money management, and the list goes on.

In fact, pest management isn't even my chosen profession. I work in this field because there are no jobs right now in my chosen profession. I am not complaining about customers. i am complaining about the same things you are.

Corporate gets in the way of our doing our jobs right every time. i say that because when we get an extra service we are expected to remedy the problem with as little time used as possible and not offset any of our paid appointments. Terminix doesnt get paid for extra services either not just your techs. An extra service doesnt mean we've done the job wrong the first time.

They're bugs, they don't adhere to our quarterly scheduled visits. When i do an extra service i am thorough because, frankly, i dont want to repeatedly come back for no pay. Yes you pay Terminix for a service and should expect results. the point in my post was that the shear size of our schedules makes each stop suffer at times because we have to meet impossible daily deadlines.

I want to give you results but we need more time. Also, when i have to, at times, be on the road by 630 and not get home till at least till its pm counterpart, then my family life suffers. They are the ones I work for. my family.

Otherwise, whats the point in putting up with all the red tape and corporate hen pecking? If it were just me getting paid to support me I'd be happy getting paid to pick fly *** out of ground pepper.

I can t believe the complaining ! You still have jobs.......

I have not worked in three years You are a luxury for most of us now... And when we call because we have a problem we expect to get results ....why can't we expect results ? Is that not why we signed up! Tick rats ants .roaches we expect you to rid of them.

. If you order a pizza do you expect a peanut butter sandwich.. You want what you pay for. Even if that mean the tec had to make a few extra stops out of his way.

The drop out rate is due to several reasons. Economy , service , I hate having to recall over the same bug issue. I don't like seeing them and there not what I call a Glad welcome reacurring guest. Your worried about Corp ...what about your part.

What about cut back in Corp to at least keep a paycheck coming in. The company I worked for could Handel the hard times and failed to make nesasary cuts and just went out. . Small business is hit hard .

Dam cost to do business is crazy. Oh yeah, I forgot bid Corp are evil and Goverment raising taxes on small business is good. Get a clue .... Have you ever worked and not gotten paid because there was nothing left.

Work and work for your clients and stop complaining . Get the job done right and smile.......

YOU GUYS HIT IT RIGHT ON THE HEAD BETWEEN CHANGING PAY PLANS EVERY OTHER YR. NO CHEMICAL AT BRANCH LOL!

MGRS. WORRIED ABOUT THERE P&L!

3 MGRS AT OUR BRANCH AT ABOUT 200;000 A YR.THEY SCREW EMPLOYESS EVERY CHANCE THEY CAN WITH FICTIOUS CANCELS ALLOWANCES AND ANY OTHER WAY THEY CAN CONGURE UP TO SCREW YOUR COMMISION UP TERMINIX NEEDS TO REALLY AUDIT ALL REGIONS THESE GUYS ARE COOKING THE BOOKS AND *** SERVICE REPS BUT WE ALL KNOW NOBODY WANTS TO SEE THE TRUTH HERE!THERE MAKING BIG BUCKS SINCE THE CUT OVERTIME FORCED EMPLOYEES TO DO XTRA SERVICES AT THE END OF THE DAY AT NO PAY!NO OVERTIME IT IS ABOUT TO KICK THEM IN THE *** BETWEEN WEBSITES AS THESE AND LONG TERM EMPLOYEES LEAVING DON'T WORRY YOUR CUSTOMERS LOVE TERMINIX! I THINK?

I also work for Terminix, and agree with your comments! My location is one of the bigger ones and I actually did over 260 services last month so you can understand the amount of free time I had (None)!

Running over 20k in volume and having over $1000 taken out of your check because of lost business not meeting their goal tends to *** me off!Alot of the lost biz was due to death or people moving or losing their job , all out of my control. I still had the deduction anyway!

It's more of the corporate greed you hear in the news. They used to care more about you as a person , now you are just another tech that can be replaced!

You hit the neal on the head. I know the particular branch you are talking about and the management there is diffinitely lacking management skill and the abliity to care for anything outside of their numbers!!!!