I have two houses, both with annual contracts. Last November (2016) during the annual termite inspection of the home in which I reside, termites were found and the attic insulation was found to be infested.
We paid to have the insulation removed and replaced and scheduled the warrantied termite tenting for May. I made arrangements to go to Texas and my husband and son away camping. I prepared the food in the bags, watered the grounds per instruction, and scheduled gas company turn off and left all keys and instructions with a neighbor. The day the tent was supposed to go on, at 130pm, I received a phone call that they would not tent the house because of a nest under the eaves.
There was an OLD AND UNOCCUPIED Swallows Nest under the eaves that had also been there when they walked and approved the property for tenting. They said the Migratory Bird Act prevented them from tenting until after the migrating season, basically Fall. In October I contacted the Terminix representative that sold us the installation and he eventually had someone local contact me to schedule tenting...now almost ONE YEAR LATER! I very clearly explained what had gone on since the last failed attempt at tenting and told them I needed to schedule again for a Thursday to Saturday before Thanksgiving so I could stay at my friend’s because I have a puppy now.
Supposedly notes were put in the computer about everything and since the two weekends I suggested we’re booked (first two weekends in November) I agreed to November 16-18, which was my last choice date, but what they said was open. I was told someone would drop plastic bags and paperwork by on November 2. A few days before November 2, I received a call from a technician saying he was supposed to be at my house November 3, I told him I was told November 2 and the name of the tech. He was very confused saying that tech was off on medical and he’d check.
He phoned me back and said someone would bring bags over November 2; come to find out, THIS tech was randomly scheduled to do my 2017 Annual Inspection just coincidentally a day after bags to be dropped off for already scheduled tenting. I explained I didn’t need an inspection now because 2016 proved there were active termites and they were obviously still there, thus the tent going on November 16-18. This guy, by the way, was the only nice Terminix employee I spoke with and was clearly as confused as I was. As today approached and I prepared the food, the grounds, getting my family and myself and now MY PUPPY, places to stay, and two of us took time off work; I became scared when I did not receive a call last night from Terminix to confirm tenting TODAY.
Last night we phoned the tech who dropped off the bags and any other number we could find and left messages. This morning we again phoned the same numbers as last night and finally, the online numbers and the local numbers. Finally the tech who dropped off the bags returned my call and confirmed he remembered tent on November 16, removed November 18, but that he didn’t do schedules and understood there was a “problem”. I explained that not only had my family already left the house, I only had accommodations until Saturday AND I had to schedule with the City to reschedule the paving of my street in order to accommodate Terminix!
He said he’d call the local Manager, Isaac, and explained Isaac would call me...that was 4 hours ago. After about an hour of waiting for a return call that never came, I phone the national number and after being on hold and explaining trying to confirm tenting, I was disconnected. Immediately afterwards I received a call from a local tech, Anthony, who was confused about a call he received about tenting my property...TOMORROW. MY OTHER PROPERTY.
Not even the correct one! I again explained what was going on and he said he’d call his boss then get back to me in 5 minutes...that was 3 hours ago. Now, I was very freaked out and called the national number AGAIN and after hold AGAIN, customer service told me that she had spoken with the scheduling manager D’Ray and he was 20 minutes from office but would be calling me to “reschedule”. I repeated, “reschedule?” No, this tenting WAS my reschedule and I need this house tenting as scheduled because I only have a place for me and my puppy to stay until SATURDAY, the gas was already shut off this morning, my family has already left the state, the house is bagged and torn apart, the grounds are watered AND I already scheduled with the City to REARRANGE THEIR STREET PAVING SCHEDULE FOR TERMINIX TO ACCESS THIS PROPERTY IN THESE DAYS.
I asked for a number for anyone higher up who could help, she said there wasn’t one. I asked if I could drive to the local office, she said it doesn’t take customers. She told me she’d try D’Ray in ten minutes and tell him my dilemma. I asked her if there was any way to push another house off the schedule since this was already a reschedule and obviously their fault and I had a signed contract stating November 16-18.
All that was 90 minutes ago. I’ve heard NOTHING from Anthony, Isaac, D’Ray or anyone else from Terminix, BUT I have received TWO automated calls in the last 4 hours from Terminix, to see if I would rate the service I received today!
So I sit here still waiting to see if Terminix is actually tenting this property today, in a cold house, with no available food, and my puppy, and I can’t leave in case they do come and I need to give them keys! My husband is on the road and trying to reach Isaac, for which he apparently tracked down a number.
Product or Service Mentioned: Terminix Termite Pest Control.
Reason of review: Order processing issue.