I have had Terminix for a couple of years and have asked them not to come while my daughters and I are in the house. My oldest (four) has had open heart surgery and has compromised lungs. Today he showed up, sprayed my front lanai (the screened in enclosure in front of my front door) and my kids shoes, their toys, their chalk....everything was right there. I went out to stop him and asked him why he was spraying despite repeated assurances from terminix that our daughters special needs would be accommodated. He said there were no notes in our contract. I called and was tersely informed that there are no notes in accounts, that I am on a schedule just like everyone else and she would have to have a manager call me. Still waiting.

I am canceling my account and spending today throwing out a rug, washing my daughters new bike she just got for Christmas and throwing out the chalk and dogs chew toys. Then I will wash the cement and entire lanai area. Fun for me, right? Just what a mom whose life is already busy enough needs to be doing. If they don't actually put notes in your contract why did they assure me they would (over an dover and over). I am sending terminix a bill for my kids shoes. They may not respect chemical sensitivity or respiratory issues but if they had a child like mine they wouldn't be so greedy and callous.

Watch your baby endure what I have and then come tell me the "Cyanidic" you just sprayed on her shoes is "Just fine". I'm beyond PISSED.

Product or Service Mentioned: Terminix Account.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jan 03, 2012.

Comments

go local no bugs no hassle oops! sounds like terminix?

thousands of people have switched like geico! better rates never late.biggest ripoff in pest control industry,all about quantity,no quality there!

NICE THEY REFUNDED FOR THERE ILLEGAL SERVICE PERFORMED AT YOUR RESIDENCE,FEEL SORRY FOR ALL THE CONSUMERS WHO DEAL WITH THESE BASEBOARD JOCKEYS ON DAILY BASIS,THEY HAVE NO TIME TO DO QUALITY SERVICE WHEN THERE DOING 15 TO 18 STOPS A DAY,WOULDN'T WANT THEM IN MY HOUSE!STAY LOCAL BETTER SERVICE SINCE MORE EXPERIENCED, THERE NOT GOING TO JEOPARDIZE THERE BUSSINESS BY NOT TREATING ACCORDING TO THE LABEL, THE LABEL IN GOD IN THIS INDUSTRY TERMINIX NEEDS TO START TAKING BETTER CARE OF THERE EMPLOYEES SO THERE EMPLOYEES START TO CARE ABOUT THERE DAILY PROCEDURES AND STOP PUTTING THE PUBLIC AT RISK!

UPDATE:

Heard from a manager who has apologized profusely, refunded the money for the service, canceled my account and assured me that it won't happen again. That is the best I can hope for. I relayed my story with calm kindness and he treated me kindly as well.

My daughter has not reacted and hopefully it is the end of the story. Best outcome considering the mistake that was made.

ATTORNEYS LOVE SUING THESE IDIOTS ALL POST HERE HAVE GREAT INFORMATION MAKE THE CALL GET COMPENSATED FOR THE CONTAMINATION THAT OCCURED AT YOUR RESIDENCE!HAVE A GREAT VACATION WHILE THEY ARE DE-CONTAMINATING YOUR RESIDENCE.ARUBA GREAT THIS TIME OF YEAR NO bugs or humidity HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER,GLAD WE COULD HELP.

I agree with "been there". Get a copy of the label and MSDS from that company.

Too bad you scrubbed all the pesticide up, as the Dept of AG could have done a swab test on that stuff.

If you look at the label, I'm pretty sure that it says for the applicator to be sure that area is clear of toys and pet bowls, etc BEFORE treating. Best wishes.

If you are in FL or AZ call Truly Nolen Pest Control, cause they do care about the quality of their work.

very common occurance here no quality control here its all about quantity, they could give a rats *** about your health concerns,in some states there is a hyper sensitivity list published yearly you have to apply to get on it.needless to say these technicians never look at these list , ask for msds sheets to see what was sprayed in Your residence sounds like miss application not applied according to label major fine in most states contact your local agricultural dept after you get msds sheets and they will investigate your complaint to see if there was a violation in regards to your service today they will be thouroghly investigated by the dept, and believe me it is not who they want to see knocking on there door!