Do not get involved with Terminix.I stupidly had a service contract that I had to cancel due to their failure to ever properly credit my account with my timely payments.

Now, despite my cancellation of their service months ago, they continue to place computer-generated calls to my house 1-2 times per week trying to get my business back. I also get mailings from them as though I am still a customer.

I am on the Do Not Call Registry, I have called Terminix, e-mailed and written directing Terminix to stop calling me yet they persist.DO NOT do business with this company!

Review about: Terminix Account.

Had an Experience with Terminix?

Comments

I was recently "let go" last week simply because I didn't sell enough. My customers loved me, never rec'd any complaints, always completed my route 95% or greater, and collected well each month. But because I didn't sell 2-3000$ worth of overpriced and oftentimes totally unnecessery garbage every month they had to let me go. While I did in fact sell (usually at least 500 -1000$/month but sometimes well over the 2000$/month "goal"), my numbers apparently weren't good enough. Trust me, you are far better off with a locally owned pest company that doesn't offer all the other products/services and force their service techs to sell. Or better yet, go to doityourselfpestcontrol.com and you can get the exact same products that I used as a tech.

Do the math: On average, the yearly cost for pest control with Terminix is $300.00 (75$ every 3 months). Go to doit yourselfpestcontrol.com and spend 50-100$ and you will have enough product to last you 2 - 3 years.

terminix pest control for 3 years =$900.00

doityourselfpestcontrol.com for 3 years = $50-100.00

And if you do go with Terminix, pray that your service tech (pmp) actually gives enough of a rat's *** to provide a good service, because believe me, plenty of them do not. Just a little information and common sense is all anyone needs to take care of their pest problem. There are plenty of avenues one can use to gain necessary info to treat their home correctly, without having to pay...

Obviously I'm not happy with the way I was let go, but the above points reflect the way I've felt for quite some time. I was with the company over two years, and I developed a lot of good relationships with many of my customers. I can honestly say that I treated my customers the way I would expect to be treated, and tried to treat their homes like each was my own. In the two + years I was there, I did see a lot of questionable ethics. And nearly all of these situations revolved around money. Sell, Sell, Sell!! was the mantra.

Do yourself a favor, think twice about dealing with the big companies. Like every other large corporation, it's all about the almighty dollar.

This company is pathetic when it comes to customer service.To echo the complaints on this board, Terminix asked me not to cancel the contract and that I can choose the services that I need instead of treatment every couple of weeks.

After this incident, Terminix choose to directly call my renters and schedule the service inside my house and send me the bill. I did not authorize Terminix to have any contact with the renters and in the past they always contacted me to schedule the service. The company ack that it is a gray area but that they cannot do anything. Their guarantee is not worth the ink used to write it.

Avoid this company like a plague.You are better off going with a local company.