Had terminex service for over 15 years, every time they came by, boss wrote a check for services, technician would sign receipt with check number.Regional representative sent a "courtesy letter" stating we didn't pay for service three times, and threatened to take us to court.

Boss called and arrainged for an appointment (mind you we're a retail buisness in the middle of christmas season). The regional manager came in, was huffy and insultive. Boss explained to him that he (the boss) had check numbers and reciepts for every treatment, and said " I'll tell you what, here's the $74.00 that we owe you, and cancel our service".

The regional manager proceeded to scream and yell at my boss about how we caused so much trouble.My boss withdrew the $74.00 and told him to take us to court.

Review about: Terminix Pest Control.

Had an Experience with Terminix?

Comments

I was recently "let go" from Terminix simply because I didn't sell enough. My customers loved me, never rec'd any complaints, always completed my route 95% or greater, and collected well each month. But because I didn't sell 2-3000$ worth of overpriced and oftentimes totally unnecessary products and/or services every month they had to let me go. While I did in fact sell (usually at least 500 -1000$/month but sometimes well over the 2000$/month "goal"), my numbers apparently weren't good enough. Trust me, you are far better off with a locally owned pest company that doesn't offer all the other products/services and force their service techs to sell. Or better yet, go to doityourselfpestcontrol.com and you can get the exact same products that I used as a tech.

Do the math: On average, the yearly cost for pest control with Terminix is $300.00 (75$ every 3 months). Go to doit yourselfpestcontrol.com and spend 50-100$ and you will have enough product to last you 2 - 3 years.

terminix pest control for 3 years =$900.00

doityourselfpestcontrol.com for 3 years = $50-100.00

And if you do go with Terminix, pray that your service tech (pmp) actually gives enough of a rat's *** to provide a good service, because believe me, plenty of them do not. Just a little information and common sense is all anyone needs to take care of their pest problem. There are plenty of avenues one can use to gain necessary info to treat their home correctly,...

Obviously I'm not happy with the way I was let go, but the above points reflect the way I've felt for quite some time. I was with the company over two years, and I developed a lot of good relationships with many of my customers. I can honestly say that I treated my customers the way I would expect to be treated, and tried to treat their homes like each was my own. In the two + years I was there, I did see a lot of questionable ethics. And nearly all of these situations revolved around money. Sell, Sell, Sell!! was the mantra.

Do yourself a favor, think twice about dealing with the big companies. Like every other large corporation, it's all about the almighty dollar.