So I called Terminex a few days ago to set up an appointment for an estimate for pest control.They will not come to your house to evaluate without requiring you to give your credit card number.

When I said "no thanks" to their service, they have been calling me back daily quoting lower and lower prices for the same service. I consider this incrediabley rude as I asked them to remove me from their call list.

The benefit to you is if you want to use them, hold out repeatedly to get the lowest price for the same service! They originally quoted me $170 and last price quoted to me was down to $117.

That's a significant savings in my book but also tells me I was not a valuable customer in the first place to quote their true lower price.

Review about: Terminix Pest Control.

Had an Experience with Terminix?

Comments

Wildwood, Florida, United States #414141

Terminix is nothing more than a glorified Marketing Company that is owned by Service Master.They will continue to low-ball their own estimates just to get your business.

And then constantly try to up-sell you all of their extra services.

Competant employees are written-up & then fired if they don't do a really high production number, and don't hit their sales quotas.People are right when they say just find a local company that actually cares about quality customer service!

I was recently "let go" from Terminix simply because I didn't sell enough. My customers loved me, never rec'd any complaints, always completed my route 95% or greater, and collected well each month. But because I didn't sell 2-3000$ worth of overpriced and oftentimes totally unnecessary products and/or services every month they had to let me go. While I did in fact sell (usually at least 500 -1000$/month but sometimes well over the 2000$/month "goal"), my numbers apparently weren't good enough. Trust me, you are far better off with a locally owned pest company that doesn't offer all the other products/services and force their service techs to sell. Or better yet, go to doityourselfpestcontrol.com and you can get the exact same products that I used as a tech.

Do the math: On average, the yearly cost for pest control with Terminix is $300.00 (75$ every 3 months). Go to doit yourselfpestcontrol.com and spend 50-100$ and you will have enough product to last you 2 - 3 years.

terminix pest control for 3 years =$900.00

doityourselfpestcontrol.com for 3 years = $50-100.00

And if you do go with Terminix, pray that your service tech (pmp) actually gives enough of a rat's *** to provide a good service, because believe me, plenty of them do not. Just a little information and common sense is all anyone needs to take care of their pest problem. There are plenty of avenues one can use to gain necessary info to treat their home correctly,...

Obviously I'm not happy with the way I was let go, but the above points reflect the way I've felt for quite some time. I was with the company over two years, and I developed a lot of good relationships with many of my customers. I can honestly say that I treated my customers the way I would expect to be treated, and tried to treat their homes like each was my own. In the two + years I was there, I did see a lot of questionable ethics. And nearly all of these situations revolved around money. Sell, Sell, Sell!! was the mantra.

Do yourself a favor, think twice about dealing with the big companies. Like every other large corporation, it's all about the almighty dollar.

#82048

They quoted us a price for a years service that is 4 scheduled visits.if you have a problem in between they come for free.

that is a lie. they came, did their thing, then charged us for it. I called, said this was an in between visit, they said it would be take care of. they actually refunded our money to the bank, but started billing us for the same amount saying the bank rejected them!

I called 5 times, each time told the the problem has been taken care of just to get another bill in a week or two. Finally I called to cancel the account, was given to someone who did take the charges off the account and who was supposed to talk me into staying. but really, enough is enough. The final person I spoke with said she deals with this problem all day every day.

That says a lot about a company that needs to have a whole department to handle the same problem.What ever, the ad campaign and promise is a lie.