1.5K views

Sure we will do a free inspection but to provide a report of findings, we will charge you and arm and a leg, total scam to get you to have them come out and then slap you with the fee for the paperwork. The answer service didnt even know how much the fee was and then they keep you on the phone trying to convince you to use there service and explain how good they are. They have the MOST complaints I have seen for a termite inspection company, why not just be honest and stop trying to trick consumers with false ads?

Comments

This homeowner must think everything in life is free and everyone is working to do free things for him. You got your inspection for free.

If you want it on paper, then pay for it.

What makes you think terminix owes you anything? You already wasted their time.

Have to love how people complain when they are in fact trying to get a free service, and for the person that was let go, my guess is they didn't like your style of work, I know quite a few contractors for these companies and they all appreciate and enjoy their job, they are knowledgeable and helpful. I would never have any issues playing the money for reporting, especially seeing what these guys have to crawl through sometimes to get results...

Easy Jeff. don't feel as though calling me a *** is at all necessary.

As a tech, I was all about IPM, and spent a great deal of time educating my customers on how to improve the surrounding environment (i.e. - moisture issues, unsanitary conditions) and did what I thought was best while trying to be as uninvasive w/ product as possible. In fact, while being "let go" my manager's words were "You are the best technician in this office. But your sales numbers are not good enough." Makes a *** of a lot of sense to get rid of your best technician just because the $$$ aren't thru the roof.

( I did in fact, meet or exceed my sales goals fairly often, I guess just not consistently enough..but I digress.) As far as my initial posting is concerned, I didn't feel as though it would benefit the reader to go into great detail about insect biology/behavior -after all most folks aren't budding entmologists and don't care how an ant feels or why it is on their kitchen countertop - they simply want the *** thing gone. I stand behind my original statement basically inferring that there are plenty of sources of reliable information AND products that a homeowner can utilize and avoid the cost and sales pressure that a big name company like Terminix relies upon.

Sorry if I offended you, dude. And Jeff, I really am not a ***.

Wyandanch, New York, United States #300066

It's not a scam. You tried to use a free inspection to recieve a Wood Destroying Organism report.

The company assumes A high level of liability with the report so they charge for it and so does every other company if you want the written report. You tried to scam them and are mad that they didn't let you. As for the Do It Yourself guy.

You most have been a rotten tech or you would know that the product is a very small part of Pest Control and that the biology and behavior of insects is the key to effective PC. ***.

I was recently "let go" from Terminix simply because I didn't sell enough. My customers loved me, never rec'd any complaints, always completed my route 95% or greater, and collected well each month. But because I didn't sell 2-3000$ worth of overpriced and oftentimes totally unnecessary products and/or services every month they had to let me go. While I did in fact sell (usually at least 500 -1000$/month but sometimes well over the 2000$/month "goal"), my numbers apparently weren't good enough. Trust me, you are far better off with a locally owned pest company that doesn't offer all the other products/services and force their service techs to sell. Or better yet, go to doityourselfpestcontrol.com and you can get the exact same products that I used as a tech.

Do the math: On average, the yearly cost for pest control with Terminix is $300.00 (75$ every 3 months). Go to doit yourselfpestcontrol.com and spend 50-100$ and you will have enough product to last you 2 - 3 years.

terminix pest control for 3 years =$900.00

doityourselfpestcontrol.com for 3 years = $50-100.00

And if you do go with Terminix, pray that your service tech (pmp) actually gives enough of a rat's *** to provide a good service, because believe me, plenty of them do not. Just a little information and common sense is all anyone needs to take care of their pest problem. There are plenty of avenues one can use to gain necessary info to treat their home correctly, without having to pay dearly.

Obviously I'm not happy with the way I was let go, but the above points reflect the way I've felt for quite some time. I was with the company over two years, and I developed a lot of good relationships with many of my customers. I can honestly say that I treated my customers the way I would expect to be treated, and tried to treat their homes like each was my own. In the two + years I was there, I did see a lot of questionable ethics. And nearly all of these situations revolved around money. Sell, Sell, Sell!! was the mantra.

Do yourself a favor, think twice about dealing with the big companies. Like every other large corporation, it's all about the almighty dollar.