I live in a senior complex and Terminex was called because all of a sudden we have many apartments infested with mice. The guys showed up and their idea of extermination was to hand us a sticky trap!

What! That's not extermination. Apparently they haven't had enough training and thought because we are seniors we would live with that. A sticky trap will not solve our problem only create more.

The mice are usually still alive when caught in a sticky trap and then they want us to dispose of them. Shame on Terminex!

Get informed! Your job is extermination!

Comments

Wyandanch, New York, United States #300089

It is probably what your complex Management asked them to do. And they are probably doing more on the exterior. I love how you people complain about the wrong people.

Been there,done that

Yes, it is unfortunate that they only care about making a dollar over what really matters...Ethical treatment of the customer. They don't have any ethics, so they don't care.

I witnessed stealing by tecnicians, and salesmen. They also do not draw a "graph" of the property that is to be treated, so when the tech shows up to do the service, he/she looks like an ***, because there is NO communication between sales and service. The salesmen also tell the customer ANYTHING to get them to sign a 1 year contract.

I walked into MANY accounts where the homeowner said "The salesman told me you were going to______." Yep, that "_____" could have been anything from "doing the dishes," to "moving your furniture," and usually indicated that the salesman would decide how to treat the property, even though the tech may have a better and more effective way to treat it. Then you end up with a very upset customer.And then it's all downhill from there!

I was recently "let go" from Terminix simply because I didn't sell enough. My customers loved me, never rec'd any complaints, always completed my route 95% or greater, and collected well each month. But because I didn't sell 2-3000$ worth of overpriced and oftentimes totally unnecessary products and/or services every month they had to let me go. While I did in fact sell (usually at least 500 -1000$/month but sometimes well over the 2000$/month "goal"), my numbers apparently weren't good enough. Trust me, you are far better off with a locally owned pest company that doesn't offer all the other products/services and force their service techs to sell. Or better yet, go to doityourselfpestcontrol.com and you can get the exact same products that I used as a tech.

Do the math: On average, the yearly cost for pest control with Terminix is $300.00 (75$ every 3 months). Go to doit yourselfpestcontrol.com and spend 50-100$ and you will have enough product to last you 2 - 3 years.

terminix pest control for 3 years =$900.00

doityourselfpestcontrol.com for 3 years = $50-100.00

And if you do go with Terminix, pray that your service tech (pmp) actually gives enough of a rat's *** to provide a good service, because believe me, plenty of them do not. Just a little information and common sense is all anyone needs to take care of their pest problem. There are plenty of avenues one can use to gain necessary info to treat their home correctly, without having to pay dearly.

Obviously I'm not happy with the way I was let go, but the above points reflect the way I've felt for quite some time. I was with the company over two years, and I developed a lot of good relationships with many of my customers. I can honestly say that I treated my customers the way I would expect to be treated, and tried to treat their homes like each was my own. In the two + years I was there, I did see a lot of questionable ethics. And nearly all of these situations revolved around money. Sell, Sell, Sell!! was the mantra.

Do yourself a favor, think twice about dealing with the big companies. Like every other large corporation, it's all about the almighty dollar.