1.4
Service Scheduling

I tented with Terminix in 2010. Ever since 2010, I have paid for their termite inspections annually and have been given a certificate and guarantee that claims that if another infestation occurred, I'd never have to pay for tenting again or for any repairs.

Bull----! I sold my home and escrow needed a termite report. The first app't the technician called in sick. Rescheduled for the next week, technician failed to show at appointed time.

I called and they sent out some other person. I could not get a report from him. I called several times, left messages, my real estate agent called, the other agent called. We had to postpone closing on my sale.

Finally received a report via email. I had termites and wood damage. I was told I needed to tent and make repairs. They gave me an estimate.

I tried several times to schedule these items. No one returned my call. I called several times, was put on hold for 20 mins. Next person put me on hold another 20 mins.

Third person said to email. I emailed. NO RESPONSE. My agent contacted another company.

They came out same day. Had report for escrow next day. Report showed termites and damage. Estimate was for over $6k.

To make long story short, I had to reduce the price of my house $6K and the new owners would complete the treatment after closing. Never heard from Terminix to this day. I paid for their service and received their bogus 100% guarantee for 6 yrs.

DO NOT fall victim to this company. I have since heard many other incidences of others being ripped off.

Product or Service Mentioned: Terminix Customer Care.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Full refund for inspection services for 6 yrs., loss of proceeds from sale of my house, and cessation of false warranties and improved customer service..

I liked: Regular monthly tecnician.

I didn't like: Being lied to and avoided when i tried to contact them.

Comments