Terminix - Rat exclusion

31 of 534 Terminix reviews

Update added by user Oct 22

Was supposed to get phone call this morning.It didn't happen.

Terminix replied to my email telling me to call their customer service for assistance.Grrrrr...

Cleaned up the rat mess myself and set up a rat zapper.

Update added by user Oct 21

Just added photo of rat droppings that were supposed to be cleaned up as part of service. Terminix didn't clean anything.

Update added by user Oct 21

Terminix was supposed to send a technician 10/19 between 8-10.This was after I called to cancel my rental property monthly service.

No technician showed up. Sent email to Terminix that afternoon so I would have a record. Asked for a refund so I could hire another company. No response.

Called Terminix just now and was told the local manager would be calling me back today or tomorrow.

I've been told that at least 6 times and have never received a call.

They were sure prompt calling and showing up when they wanted the $1500 job.Once they got paid they can't be bothered.

Original review posted by user Oct 08

We had Terminix come out to do a rat exclusion. They charged $1500 for the service. They said they would also be cleaning up rat droppings. The rats were (actually, still are) under the house and are getting inside the walls. They cause noise at night and it gets the dogs to start barking.

Terminix screwed some plastic flashing to the top and bottom of the doors to the basement but left screws jutting out the other side so I cut myself on the exposed screws when I went to check the work. They set up some snap traps but did not bait them. Three weeks and not a single rat caught. They did not clean up the rat droppings. The rats are not excluded. They are still squeaking and fighting/making out whatever.... inside the wall.

I have called 5 times and am told someone will call me back. Nobody has called. I sent 2 emails through their online site and received no reply.

I sent two notes through my online account to the technician and have received no response.

I had Terminix at a rental property for over 10 years on a monthly plan and Terminix has deleted all information on that house and placed it on my rat exclusion house. Terminix said they would fix that problem but it is still not fixed.

I am planning to cancel my service at the rental property. Not that Terminix would notice since they deleted all the data. I have 2 other rental properties on a quarterly plan that I plan to cancel as well. I still need Terminix to honor their rat exclusion or return the money so I can hire a competent pest control company

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

No items
  • What I disliked
    • Service

Reason of review:
Poor customer service and company did not resolve rat problem
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Rat Exclusion
Review category
Household Services
review #933422 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Terminix? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
31 of 534 Terminix reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 27 #1232970 Enumclaw, Washington, United States

Thank you for sharing your story, I would imagine you are beyond "pissed off" at this point. I have been getting nothing but the run around, no return calls, people who seem clueless, cancellations, no shows and this is all within the last 2 weeks. The rat in my garage & attic (along with his friends) is finding this quite amusing I'm sure. I cannot believe a company the size of this one can survive with such horrid customer service. Unbelievable!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Terminix. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Terminix.
Filing a new complaint about
×