Update added by user Dec 31, 2016
Still have the rats.Terminix finally came out on Nov 3rd and sealed up more spots.
Set some traps and said give it two weeks. They came out again on Nov 30 and said they got 3 rats and to give it another 2 weeks. I wasn't home so I can't verify they got rats. There were none in the traps when I checked them earlier in the week.
Called Terminix again and they're going to try to come out first week on January.
Checked traps today and no rats caught but plenty of rat droppings on top of furnace.
Cleaned that up and sprayed some odor neutralizer.
Never have heard from manager even though I've been told at least 3 times that he'd be calling to address my concerns.
This will probably continue until their year guarantee expires in September 2017.
Nobody from Terminix has contacted me as a result of my post here.
Update added by user Oct 22, 2016
Was supposed to get phone call this morning.It didn't happen.
Terminix replied to my email telling me to call their customer service for assistance.Grrrrr...
Cleaned up the rat mess myself and set up a rat zapper.
Update added by user Oct 21, 2016
Just added photo of rat droppings that were supposed to be cleaned up as part of service. Terminix didn't clean anything.
Update added by user Oct 21, 2016
Terminix was supposed to send a technician 10/19 between 8-10.This was after I called to cancel my rental property monthly service.
No technician showed up. Sent email to Terminix that afternoon so I would have a record. Asked for a refund so I could hire another company. No response.
Called Terminix just now and was told the local manager would be calling me back today or tomorrow.
I've been told that at least 6 times and have never received a call.
They were sure prompt calling and showing up when they wanted the $1500 job.Once they got paid they can't be bothered.
Original review posted by user Oct 08, 2016
We had Terminix come out to do a rat exclusion. They charged $1500 for the service. They said they would also be cleaning up rat droppings. The rats were (actually, still are) under the house and are getting inside the walls. They cause noise at night and it gets the dogs to start barking.
Terminix screwed some plastic flashing to the top and bottom of the doors to the basement but left screws jutting out the other side so I cut myself on the exposed screws when I went to check the work. They set up some snap traps but did not bait them. Three weeks and not a single rat caught. They did not clean up the rat droppings. The rats are not excluded. They are still squeaking and fighting/making out whatever.... inside the wall.
I have called 5 times and am told someone will call me back. Nobody has called. I sent 2 emails through their online site and received no reply.
I sent two notes through my online account to the technician and have received no response.
I had Terminix at a rental property for over 10 years on a monthly plan and Terminix has deleted all information on that house and placed it on my rat exclusion house. Terminix said they would fix that problem but it is still not fixed.
I am planning to cancel my service at the rental property. Not that Terminix would notice since they deleted all the data. I have 2 other rental properties on a quarterly plan that I plan to cancel as well. I still need Terminix to honor their rat exclusion or return the money so I can hire a competent pest control company
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Follow thru
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a Southern Motion sectional Fusion in 2010. After the first year it started peeling. To see it now it looks like I have had it twenty..."
- "I bought a new home. Knowing the 3 bedrooms would need carpet, I planned weeks in advance and found the perfect carpet: Mohawk Soft DeCor, English Pewter color. ..."
- "Contact Empire and they had a sales rep out the next day (Saturday). He arrived on time, was polite, took measurements, selected the laminate floor, and received a price quote..."
- "Bosch Washing Machine under Sears Maintenance Agreement - washer is likely 10 years old, the main bearing went out just after Thanksgiving (November) 2016 - unable to use washer until..."
- "I woke up this morning to find my truck like this the manager from Rent A Wheel decided to come by my house late at night and remove the valve..."
- "This is how the sweater I ordered arrived. It was defective to start and the plastic string that gives it the wavy look at the hem was completely coming out...."
- "My wife and I recently paid $5,000 in cash to Marlena Martin and she promised my wife a title. However someone else was crowned. My wife and I tried to..."
- "Ordered three jackets from rosegal.com and two were delivered, still waiting on the third. The quality is mind-blowingly horrible, and the fabric is atrocious. The jackets even SMELL carcinogenic. The..."
- "I purchased leather furnature from Living Spaces with extended warranty. They had no record of extended warranty which I have the paperwork. They claim that since I moved from original..."