Ben Lomond, California
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

Update by user Jan 21

Terminix has not come out again.They never called to say they couldn't make it or to reschedule.

No rats have been caught in the traps.

Rats staying toasty warm and dry in the wall.

Will try again next week to get a Terminix to honor their guarantee.

Update by user Dec 31, 2016

Still have the rats.Terminix finally came out on Nov 3rd and sealed up more spots.

Set some traps and said give it two weeks. They came out again on Nov 30 and said they got 3 rats and to give it another 2 weeks. I wasn't home so I can't verify they got rats. There were none in the traps when I checked them earlier in the week.

Called Terminix again and they're going to try to come out first week on January.

Checked traps today and no rats caught but plenty of rat droppings on top of furnace.

Cleaned that up and sprayed some odor neutralizer.

Never have heard from manager even though I've been told at least 3 times that he'd be calling to address my concerns.

This will probably continue until their year guarantee expires in September 2017.

Nobody from Terminix has contacted me as a result of my post here.

Update by user Oct 22, 2016

Was supposed to get phone call this morning.It didn't happen.

Terminix replied to my email telling me to call their customer service for assistance.Grrrrr...

Cleaned up the rat mess myself and set up a rat zapper.

Update by user Oct 21, 2016

Just added photo of rat droppings that were supposed to be cleaned up as part of service. Terminix didn't clean anything.

Update by user Oct 21, 2016

Terminix was supposed to send a technician 10/19 between 8-10.This was after I called to cancel my rental property monthly service.

No technician showed up. Sent email to Terminix that afternoon so I would have a record. Asked for a refund so I could hire another company. No response.

Called Terminix just now and was told the local manager would be calling me back today or tomorrow.

I've been told that at least 6 times and have never received a call.

They were sure prompt calling and showing up when they wanted the $1500 job.Once they got paid they can't be bothered.

Original review posted by user Oct 08, 2016

We had Terminix come out to do a rat exclusion. They charged $1500 for the service. They said they would also be cleaning up rat droppings. The rats were (actually, still are) under the house and are getting inside the walls. They cause noise at night and it gets the dogs to start barking.

Terminix screwed some plastic flashing to the top and bottom of the doors to the basement but left screws jutting out the other side so I cut myself on the exposed screws when I went to check the work. They set up some snap traps but did not bait them. Three weeks and not a single rat caught. They did not clean up the rat droppings. The rats are not excluded. They are still squeaking and fighting/making out whatever.... inside the wall.

I have called 5 times and am told someone will call me back. Nobody has called. I sent 2 emails through their online site and received no reply.

I sent two notes through my online account to the technician and have received no response.

I had Terminix at a rental property for over 10 years on a monthly plan and Terminix has deleted all information on that house and placed it on my rat exclusion house. Terminix said they would fix that problem but it is still not fixed.

I am planning to cancel my service at the rental property. Not that Terminix would notice since they deleted all the data. I have 2 other rental properties on a quarterly plan that I plan to cancel as well. I still need Terminix to honor their rat exclusion or return the money so I can hire a competent pest control company

Rat_city1 wrote the review because of "poor customer service and company did not resolve rat problem " at Terminix and attached a photo. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $1500 and wants Terminix to have the product delivered.

The most disappointing in user's experience was follow thru and service. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Terminix and terminix rat pest control for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Terminix?

Comments

Enumclaw, Washington, United States #1232970

Thank you for sharing your story, I would imagine you are beyond "pissed off" at this point.I have been getting nothing but the run around, no return calls, people who seem clueless, cancellations, no shows and this is all within the last 2 weeks.

The rat in my garage & attic (along with his friends) is finding this quite amusing I'm sure.

I cannot believe a company the size of this one can survive with such horrid customer service.Unbelievable!