I'm the caretaker for a house in Hawaii and decided to get Terminix to come spray for insects. I was told that if I needed someone to come out in-between the quarterly service I could get that at no extra charge.

Well, guess what. They have come out every three months as promised but whenever I've called for extra service I get completely ignored. I called at the beginning of March to get someone here before our April 8 scheduled service, was told that they couldn't get ahold of the dispatcher, but someone would call. Nothing.

A week later I called again and was told that I'd get a call back. Nothing. Called and tried to talk to the manager, and guess what - the manager wasn't there but would call me back. Nothing.

Called a different Hawaii office and their manager was in a meeting but would call me back. Nothing. I eventually called an office in the east coast and talked to someone there, saying I wanted either someone to come out this week or give me a refund, and was told that she'd speak to a manager and get back to me. This one did call me back, told me they couldn't get anyone here until April 8, but has arranged for a refund.

Since I hadn't paid for this quarter yet I don't actually have to get a refund, I just need them to take the charge off my bill.

Now I'm going with a local guy. Wish I'd done it before.

Product or Service Mentioned: Terminix Pest Control.

I didn't like: Customer service, Service received.

Comments