I have no idea if Terminix is a good pest control service or not, but the commercial now showing on TV which shows a termite crawling out of Ben Franklin's eye (on a $100 bill) is the most stomach-turning I have ever seen. I believe that they could make the point that termite infestations cost money without that bug-eating-eyeball image--who made this commercial--a teen-aged boy overdosed on horror movies?

I doubt if that is the target audience for Terminix services.

It certainly would make me avoid them for all time just based on a lack of common decency.

Product or Service Mentioned: Terminix Pest Control.

Comments

I dont understand how a company can think having commercials showing a giant cockroach running around and coming up through the drain is a good idea. I think it is insulting to viewers.

People know what they look like and how disgusting and scary they are.

I will never call Terminex. I will call a company that doesn’t resort to sickening tricks.

I totally the image of those termites flying out of that tree is DISGUSTING!

The majority of Terminex commercials are gross. The most skin crawling, scratch inducing one of late is the termites overflowing out of a tree and this stupid commercial is played countless times day and night.

Hampton, Virginia, United States #1333999

Please remove the commercial with the termites coming out of the tree with that disgusting fluttering sound. It's as if I get hives right now just thinking about it.

On the same level as any phobia....Its so gross to see that commercial on channel 13-2 here in Hampton Roads Va. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

to Sunsh9 #1471691

I thought it was just me. I just saw it and it has activated the worse phobia in me.

I am shaking! It is too graphic and disgusting to even consider service with Terminex.

Alvin More
to Sunsh9 #1483410

I'm glad I'm not alone with that disgusting tree scene. I just wrote above:"YES!!!!!

I can't stand that commercial. I normally don't get angry with ease but this particular commercial grosses me out and sparks a bit of anger in me. That tree scene stuck in my mind for days.

The last time something hit me like this, was when I saw a viral story last year about the roof of a dogs mouth, lined with Asian ladybugs. That haunted me for weeks."

the terminix commercial with the huge roach was the first thing i saw when i bought a 62" HDTV. Talk about a shock.

The new commercial with the staph/slug in the pharmacy makes me gag.

That said, I would rather do research on which company does better work, commercials be damned.

Come on people, don't select a service based on who has "funny" commercials. Do your research!

Yuk!! TERMINIX!!!

These commercials are stomach turning I thought I was the only one who they had this effect on I too reach for the remote instantly which causes me to forget about whatever program I was watching at the time. Maybe this is something we can complain to the networks about Im sure this would be an issue for them.

I found these commercials pretty informative and interesting. Grow some thicker skin guys.

I sent an email to Terminix about their disgusting commercials, and I sent an email to the FCC. I live in Wisconsin, and I haven't seen any of the commercials since I sent the emails last week.

I'd like to think they stopped airing them beause of so many complaints.

Or, maybe I'm just lucky enough to have missed them when they aired. Now, I keep my remote control close to me when I watch tv, so I can turn off the tv as soon as these nasty commercials start.

I'm a guy with a pretty big tolerance to gross! I see the "Musinex" add agency foun a new home.

The new slug crawling up from the drain morphing into cockroaches is disgusting and frightining to my kids...What are you people at Terminix thinking? I would get a new add agency!

Your compettetor's commercial is funny..yours is disgusting. You've made my decision for pest control easy..I like funny..

I hope you go completely out of business based on those yucky commercials because I would never buy anything Terminix ever not after you have caused my grand kids to having nightmares and not wanting to brush their teeth in the sink thanks to your disgusting commercials.

You people are sick :(

HELLO ORKIN, YOU ARE GETTING MY BUSINESS.

These Terminex commercials are so disturbing and sickening..I will NEVER use their services for making such nasty grotesque commercials..no one want to see that at dinner..its pathetic

ALL of Terminix' commercials are gross and disturbing to watch. They make me turn away and would NEVER think of using or recommending a company that thinks this type of advertising is effective.

I wouldn't even want their representatives in my home. :( :(

to buggirl:

it is you're, as in you are, a ***. maybe you should learn to spell before you criticize in writing!

Ugh I cannot stand that disgusting termite commercial. That gummy lipped termite chomping away at the home's wooden column makes me want to vomit. I will never use this company du,e to the inherent grossness....yuk