Service Scheduling

I signed up with Terminix because we had a roach issue. I was practcially forced to sign up for termite service--which I repeatedly declined.

The first time the tech came out, he did a very thorough (I thought) treatment. He told me wait about 2 weeks and I should see a significant decrease in activity. 2 weeks later, I was calling them back because not only was there no "significant decrease in activity" but they were worse! We set an appt for a re-treatment.

I emptied out my cabinets AGAIN and when he came, he treated (I guess)the outside and did nothing inside. Gee, I don't recall seeing them outside the house.... 2 weeks later I was calling again for re-treatment. This time when the day came, no one showed.

Keep in mind, my mother was going through chemo at the time and I was staying with her so I had to leave her and come to the house, wait around for 5 hours until it became apparent that he was not coming, then go through the appt re-setting again and once again NO SHOW! (and of course, again leaving mom and waiting around at the house) I was able to get someone else to come out the third time but by then I was so disgusted with the service which wasn't working anyway, that when they called to set the next appt, I cancelled the service. The bank reportedly had an issue with my debit card in the interim and sent out a new card with a new number--THANK GOD because Terminix tried to charge $114 on it! Since it didn't go through, I began getting phone calls, claiming that they had done another treatment on May 5th and the account was still active.

Since we have a completely enclosed yard and a big dog who is an excellent watch dog, I knew they had not come by and treated without our consent (or for that matter, active participation!) I am now getting up to 5 calls PER DAY, trying to get that money. Since they didn't do another treatment and I cancelled the service, they are not owed that money but you sure can't get them to understand that! I'm to the point now where I am going to speak to an attourney.

I refuse to give a dime more to this company, especially since the original $187 wasn't earned. I still have roaches!

This reviewer shared experience about "poor customer service, lied about services, harrassing phone calls, inadequate service and i still have bugs!" and wants this business to "stop calling me and stop trying to charge me for something i never got after i had cancelled the service!". DixiePeach is overall dissatisfied with Terminix. The most disappointing about terminix pest control at Terminix was harrassing calls, discrepancy of what was promised and reality and rude phone reps Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Terminix.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Pest Control and Services category for more informed decision or compare Terminix to other companies on our site.

Comments