Service Scheduling

I signed up with Terminix because we had a roach issue. I was practcially forced to sign up for termite service--which I repeatedly declined.

The first time the tech came out, he did a very thorough (I thought) treatment. He told me wait about 2 weeks and I should see a significant decrease in activity. 2 weeks later, I was calling them back because not only was there no "significant decrease in activity" but they were worse! We set an appt for a re-treatment.

I emptied out my cabinets AGAIN and when he came, he treated (I guess)the outside and did nothing inside. Gee, I don't recall seeing them outside the house.... 2 weeks later I was calling again for re-treatment. This time when the day came, no one showed.

Keep in mind, my mother was going through chemo at the time and I was staying with her so I had to leave her and come to the house, wait around for 5 hours until it became apparent that he was not coming, then go through the appt re-setting again and once again NO SHOW! (and of course, again leaving mom and waiting around at the house) I was able to get someone else to come out the third time but by then I was so disgusted with the service which wasn't working anyway, that when they called to set the next appt, I cancelled the service. The bank reportedly had an issue with my debit card in the interim and sent out a new card with a new number--THANK GOD because Terminix tried to charge $114 on it! Since it didn't go through, I began getting phone calls, claiming that they had done another treatment on May 5th and the account was still active.

Since we have a completely enclosed yard and a big dog who is an excellent watch dog, I knew they had not come by and treated without our consent (or for that matter, active participation!) I am now getting up to 5 calls PER DAY, trying to get that money. Since they didn't do another treatment and I cancelled the service, they are not owed that money but you sure can't get them to understand that! I'm to the point now where I am going to speak to an attourney.

I refuse to give a dime more to this company, especially since the original $187 wasn't earned. I still have roaches!

Product or Service Mentioned: Terminix Pest Control.

Reason of review: poor customer service, lied about services, harrassing phone calls, inadequate service and I STILL have bugs!.

Preferred solution: Stop calling me and stop trying to charge me for something I never got after I had cancelled the service!.

I didn't like: Harrassing calls, Discrepancy of what was promised and reality, Rude phone reps, Charges for services not rendered.

Comments