I called terminix due to a roach problem that i had in one of my properties. I explain the situation to the representative and he quoted $150.00 for the treatments.

When they came out to treat the property they stated it was a bigger problem then what they thought and they needed to have an inspector come out and give me a quote. I met with an inspector and explained that it would cost $600.00 to treat each side and they would come out as many times as we needed them to. He recommended doing both sides so that we could eliminate the problem completely. The next door owner and I agreed to sign the contract for a total of $1200 for both sides.They started the treatments and they would come out once or twice a month.

4 months had passed and the roaches were still there. I decided to sell the house because i didn't want to deal with the roaches anymore. Everything was going great until I called terminix to schedule the next appointment for the next treatment and i told them i was selling the property, they said they would have someone call me to schedule the time and a few hours later i received a call from another inspector stating that they had cancelled the contract and that they needed to do another inspection to give me a quote and i would have to sign another contract. I asked who had cancelled the contract and they stated that the contract that i signed was for a onetime treatment, i explained that they had 4 months coming out without a problem and that there was no way i would pay $600.00 for a one time treatment,i told him that the inspector (Josh in Hagerstown MD) had explained that they would continue treating the properties until the problem was gone.

I was very upset over the phone and told him that this was unacceptable and he told me to call Home paramount pest control and hung up the phone on me. i called terminix and explained the situation and the representative said she would have a manager call me. this was about 3 weeks ago and i'm still waiting for the call. I would understand if the contract was cancelled after i sold the property but this wasn't the case.

also, since i signed the contract for both sides they cancelled the next door owners services as well, which she wasn't selling her side. I just dislike the way they handled things and would never do business with them again

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments