1.4
Service Scheduling

I am from Brownwood, Texas and was recently dumped by Terminix. I don't know what kind of Pest Control Oath these folks are referring to but my contract was cancelled because they didn't want to find a solution to a couple of problems that I was having.

The first problem was with a guy named Juan and his boss George. Juan was the service tech and the first time we met him asked for some large black rat glue traps and was told the company doesn't carry them anymore. After that service techs were coming from all around our area and would give us the large black rat glue traps when I asked for them. Didn't have any major problem until Juan comes back and again no rat traps. Another problem was when Juan was scheduled to stop by, we got a bill but started realizing that no one was going around the house and no one knocked on the front door to ask if we would like the inside dusted.

Finally, Juan called George and let me talk to him using his personal cell since I could never reach him by calling the office and leaving messages for him to call. George told me that In needed to get another service Terminus had to get rid of rats. I told him those large black rat glue traps were all we needed. I thought George was rude but after calling Regional Terminix and Terminix Headquarters and leaving message I get a call from the General Manager, his name is Mike.

Before I write about Mike's call a little more background. Every other service tech asked us if the need to come inside to dust for bugs and as long as they would spray outside we really didn't have a bug problem. The only time a tech would usually make a return trip was if I had asked for the large black glue traps then they would drop them by, if the were in the area.

One of the last times I saw Juan he told me that he could bring some small mice glue traps and I agreed just to see if they would work.

I did not expect on this invoice to have area checked he put down kitchen and he also added that he observed rat activity. Well, he never came into my home.

Once again I make the calls to regional and headquarters to tell them that we don't trust Juan and don't want him anywhere near our house.

We were told that that would not be a problem and lo and behold a few days before our service appointment Juan calls to tell me that he's our tech and we'll see him soon.

Then again I call around because these folks take a message but nothing gets done. I'm told by both Regional and Corporate that getting another tech would probably not be a problem.

But, it was a problem with Mike.

Mike calls me to tell me I ain't gonna do it! I ain't gonna do it. Not now not ever am I sending another tech.

Juan is the closest tech and he's all I'm ever going to send for your service!

A few weeks later I receive the cancellation notice. Since then I've called Terminix regional and Corporate to see if we can continue our service but haven't heard nothing but crickets. It's like they don't care about a customer of 7 years. It seems like loyalty means nothing to this company and customers less than that. It's not that there aren't other pest control companies out there but to just discard a customer just because you don't want to deal with them and provide satisfactory service is just not acceptable!

Product or Service Mentioned: Terminix Pest Control.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Technicians that did their job and had product available.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 05, 2015.

Comments

They're a miserable company to deal with, and have no regard for customers. Our neighbor cancelled them last year, and we just cancelled due to missed appointments and poor pest abatement. My wife swears they are spraying water, because the product they apply has not been effective.

Techs don't get paid to drive. Most likely, no other tech wants to come out to your tech.

Your town is assigned to Juan, therefore it's out of the way for another tech. When a tech from another town has to drive to your house, that's costing him time out of his life.

He can do maybe 3 stops on his own route during that period of time, so unless you're willing to pay triple, you're not worth it. That's my opinion.

dkmv2006
to Anonymous #1033915

And you're entitled to that opinion as wrong as it may be. I have been a Terminix customer for some time now and have had techs from different cities including Brownwood.

The turnover rate is something else. All that to say, even if they came from Abilene or another town, I was never charged three times extra!

Juan's immediate supervisor George and General manager Michael would agree with you and have said as much.

However, when I spoke with Regional and Corporate I was told it wouldn't be a problem like it hadn't been a problem for so many times and years before.

Anyways, I've posted what I wanted. Not to trash Terminix but to tell my experience with it.

Truth is.. if Terminix can't handle this matter in a professional manner, then, there are other local pest control businesses to call here in Brownwood that I'm sure have more than one technician working for them. A few friends have already given me names of other pest control businesses [in my area] that do a pretty good job.

So Terminix may tell me that I'm not worth it. You might tell me I'm not worth it but if I find a local pest control company here in my own town and they don't have to travel far then, it just might work out.

Initially, I signed up with Terminix circa 2009 because I had an opinion that Terminix was the best in the business. I guess it was all the commercials I've watched and other form of publicity I've seen out there. As with everything you really don't know how it is until you've tried it.

Well, I've given Terminix a try and it wasn't all bad, just that one service technician and serious customer service issues.