1.9K views

I was forced to work for these idiots for a couple of years.It was awful!!

I will tell you exactly what goes on behind the scenes...You are forced to work from sunup to about 8 or 9 pm. They pay you a salary, but it does NOT make up for all of the hours that you end up as their personal slave and whipping post. As a technician there, the ONLY training that we were provided with was to ride with a tech for a week, them boom...you are fully trained. The only technical training that is provided to the employees are to watch a bunch of videos that they rush you through, without a clear concept of safety training, or safety around poisons.

I was never issued any safety gear, nor did our particular office even have a "bee suit" for going on wasp nest exterminations. I was told to "spray" them with my "hand can"(compressed air sprayer) and that I would just have to take my chances and "hope that you don't get stung"(managers words exactly). I was stung on many occasions, and am most grateful that I was NOT allergic to the stings. They never paid there fuel bills, and my company issued gas card was declined...how embarrassing was that?

I was injured on the job, and Terminix never paid that bill, and one day as I went through my personal mail at home there was a collection notice/letter as it seemed that Terminix never paid for the ER visit when I was injured on the job. Before cell phones were so popular, I was required to make calls to "my"/their customers all day long on my own dime,so I routinely had no money for lunch. The regional manager told me to "take it off your taxes" Yeah, like the IRS would have believed me. When I had to be absent from work due to major surgery, I was told that if I did not return in 4 days time I would be fired.

The surgeon was furious when he found out that I had gone back to work way too soon, even though I couldn't hardly stand up. I was only able to service one account that day, and begged him as I was crying due to the pain, to PLEASE let me go home...All the manager said was "what about your route?" They do NOT care about their employees, and how can the employees be expected to care about their work, when the management has NO respect for the ones who are in the trenches doing all the dirty work. Terminix is an awful company, and they will also sell you services that you do NOT need. This is how they make their money for those cooperate pigs and fatcats sitting behind there big desks in Memphis,TN.

Terminix is owned by ServiceMaster, and ServiceMaster also owns TruGreen-Chemlawn, Merry Maids, and American Home Shield. Those companies also have a very high customer complaint rate as well. Do yourself a favor, and do not let these idiots anywhere near your home, they will wreck something, steal from you, damage your property and in the end, rip you off by trying to get you to pay for a year in advance by offering you some sort of discount if you prepay for the entire year. Don't do it!

If you decide at a later date to cancel, then it is extremely difficult to get your money back.I know this, as I have seen it first hand. Also, if you call for extra service, don't count on it getting done. The techs routinely ignore messages for extra service calls because they don't get paid for those, so they would rather service an account that they can make money on. I saw many times where a customer would call for additional service 5,6,or even 7 times with NO return phone calls.

So, after reading this, I will let you decide if you really want these idiots on your property.There are reputable companies and exterminators out there that really do care about their work...Too bad the ServiceMaster network of companies are not one of them!

Review about: Terminix Pest Control.

Had an Experience with Terminix?

Comments

Middletown, New York, United States #604521

You must have worked at a really bad branch. Because the one I work for does not at ALL function the same way as you experianced. *** I wasn't even allowed to do my own route until close to the end of the second month that I worked there. I don't work till 8 or 9PM unless the customer requests that I schedule them for an appointment after hours. And that's rare. I'm usually off at 5 PM and there's some days where I'm off as early as 2 in the afternoon. Yes I have worked some saturdays but that's because I chose to because I want to get as much work done as possible.

Not one tech that works at my branch "Ignores" An extra service request from a customer. Yeah we don't get paid for it but we don' neglect that.

I could go on and on but i'll end with this.. you weren't FORCED to work for Terminix.. you chose to remain there for a couple of years. Terminix didn't hold a gun to your head and say you're required to work there for a couple of years. As i said perhaps you worked for a *** branch.

You want a company that really shafts the *** out of you.. work for C.R. England... yeah... those *** REALLY don't give a *** about their employees trust me on this one.

Not sure how you all got shafted.you must have been poor employees.

i love it there and the supervisors are wonderful to work for.very understanding and eager to help.

to me Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States #561171

So who exactly were/are u sleeping with at Terminix? :x

yeah sorry to say you might be my 17th customer today,over worked no overtime,never enough chemical at branch,and then you are told you are not selling enough doing enough,collecting enough,you are basically treated like a number like number 17 i haven't meet a technician yet who has worked here that could find anything good about this corp.,pretty sad!do you really want us coming to a house near you!H6mm9

i worked for terminix international in pleasonton ca and was assigned to the fumigation dept.i was given 1 and half weeks of training and was was let go when i couldnt lift 100lb plus fumigation tarps by myself up a 3 story ladder.

i would be paid 13 dollars an hour which in san francisco ca isnt much minumum wage in sf ca is 10.50 an hour.

they got me my branch 2 rep licesnce and wouldnt let me train to be a tech.interesting company to work for.

Very informative search engine,I will be looking for services this week for pest issues never had pest service,will probaly go local after reading here,never realized you would have to be careful about killing a couple bugs!

Wildwood, Florida, United States #414425

For more employee reviews on this company go to www.glassdoor.com

You do realise of course what 'Service Master' really means dont ya?It is actually 'Service THE Master.

Any questions? Maybe they got lost in "putting God first in everything we do" What a crock of ***!

It is more like "Putting money first in everyone we can steal from".They need to spend years in confession with a Catholic priest and atone for what they did to people, for ripping off innocent victims, and how they treated former employees whom busted their *** for them for a whopping 900 dollars a month salary!

I'SNT IT AMAZING THAT FROM THE EAST TO WEST COAST ALL THE EMPLOYEE COMPLAINTS ARE THE SAME?,THIS PLACE HAS RUINED MANY GOOD PEOPLE AND COULD CARE LESS , ALL YOU WOULD HERE ABOUT IS THRE BOTTOM LINE EVERYDAY,IF I WAS A CONSUMER LOOKING FOR A PEST CONTROL CO .I WOULD STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM THIS CORP.IT IS ALL!

ABOUT QUANTITY HERE NOT QUALITY THE SERVICE TECHS ARE FORCED TO RUN THROUGH SERVICES WHEN RUNNING 230 TO 260 A MONTH THEY HAVE NO TIME TO DO PROPER SERVICES UNLESS THEY STAY OUT 12 HRS A DAY AT NO OVERTIME SO IN THE END THE CONSUMER PAYS THE PRICE, TERMINIX KNOWS THEY ARE ALL ABOUT THERE END!

MGMT COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THERE EMPLOYEES,ALL THEY DO IS PREACH SALES AND CUSTOMER RENTENTION BUT THEY DO NOTHING TO HELP THERE EMPLOYEES TO EXCEL,DO YOUR RESEARCH ON TERMINIX YOU WILL BE AMAZED TO SEE THE VOLUME OF COMPLAINTS ON THESE SEARCH ENGINES!ALL TRUE!terminix needs to stop all thr micro mgmt , and start taking care of there employees,then they will become more credible in this industry, and with consumers

Stick with a small, family owned company (like mine).We actually care about our customers and enjoy working (because we don't overwork ourselves).

I will routinely go out of my way to help a customer, often for no extra expense.

I really do enjoy working, as do all of my friends in the same situation.I'm also open for trades for that old aluminum boat or Camero you have melting away in your back yard.