So I have this wasp problem in my room. I've found at least 100 live/dead ones in my room in a period of about 6 weeks. I consistently see at least 1 a day if not more (today, the count is at 5). We called Terminix to come out and do an inspection AND treatment on Friday between 1 and 3.

Thursday I came home and made my mother call them back and make CERTAIN that they knew they had to treat the problem as well as inspect. Didn't think that was such a daunting task. So she did, and the rep said that they could do that no problem. The only reason I made her call and make sure is because the last time I was stung was about 10-12 years ago when I was a child. I do know that you can develop allergies to these types of stings over the years, and I remember my whole arm swelled up when I got stung in the hand. I don't want to get stung and find out, yep, I'm allergic, let's go to the hospital before I go into anaphylactic shock! Kind of a big deal to me.

So Friday rolls around, and I'm at work all day, so I'm looking forward to going home and being able to actually sleep well at night (I'm terrified of wasps anyways). I find out that no one even showed up. My mom had called the service center, and they were supposed to have their tech guy call her back. Never did. So my mom calls the service center back, and they were supposed to have another tech person call. Never did. At this point I told her, "Let's just go with Orkin since you've used them in the past and you know they do good work!" But they are on the expensive side, so we decided to reschedule the Terminix appointment to today, Saturday. I called them this morning to confirm that they were coming out to inspect and treat, and the rep told me that yes, they could do that. Again, they didn't show up.

So now, we're going with Orkin. Overall, it will be more expensive, but they also treat for 15 other pests at no additional charge, they come back 30 days after treatment to inspect and treat again, and then every other month after that for a total of 7 inspections/treatments. Sounds a *** of a lot better than those Terminix idiots who didn't know anything about anything.

Had an Experience with Terminix?

Comments

I was recently "let go" last week simply because I didn't sell enough. My customers loved me, never rec'd any complaints, always completed my route 95% or greater, and collected well each month. But because I didn't sell 2-3000$ worth of overpriced and oftentimes totally unnecessary garbage every month they had to let me go. While I did in fact sell (usually at least 500 -1000$/month but sometimes well over the 2000$/month "goal"), my numbers apparently weren't good enough. Trust me, you are far better off with a locally owned pest company that doesn't offer all the other products/services and force their service techs to sell. Or better yet, go to doityourselfpestcontrol.com and you can get the exact same products that I used as a tech.

Do the math: On average, the yearly cost for pest control with Terminix is $300.00 (75$ every 3 months). Go to doit yourselfpestcontrol.com and spend 50-100$ and you will have enough product to last you 2 - 3 years.

terminix pest control for 3 years =$900.00

doityourselfpestcontrol.com for 3 years = $50-100.00

And if you do go with Terminix, pray that your service tech (pmp) actually gives enough of a rat's *** to provide a good service, because believe me, plenty of them do not. Just a little information and common sense is all anyone needs to take care of their pest problem. There are plenty of avenues one can use to gain necessary info to treat their home correctly, without having to pay...

Obviously I'm not happy with the way I was let go, but the above points reflect the way I've felt for quite some time. I was with the company over two years, and I developed a lot of good relationships with many of my customers. I can honestly say that I treated my customers the way I would expect to be treated, and tried to treat their homes like each was my own. In the two + years I was there, I did see a lot of questionable ethics. And nearly all of these situations revolved around money. Sell, Sell, Sell!! was the mantra.

Do yourself a favor, think twice about dealing with the big companies. Like every other large corporation, it's all about the almighty dollar.