This company is awful. They are running a scam.

They are a rip off and I would never recommend them to anyone ........ever. Stay away from them and any of ServiceMaster companies. Had Trugreen and they did the same thing calling and pestering the *** out of you for unnecessary services. They say they come and can produce some GPS documentation but I don't think they ever really sprayed anything but water.

Hate them. Never use them. Stay away.

I will go back to using individuals who own their own business and are not part of some big corporation.

Comments

PABM1972

If you are still receiving harassing unwanted phone calls from Trugreen I can help. There’s a potential class action against them for this.

They make around 3 millions cold calls a year!!!! I bet 80% of those are repetitive and unwanted.

If you want to participate in this class action call me at 406-219-7798 or email sam@mypirl.com. www.mypirl.com

They kept pestering us too. Told them to not come out anymore and they would still send the technician.

We canceled service so many times and will never use them again. Send it in writing certified that you cancel their service. Then you have proof! trugreen is the same.

we told terminex we moved and and 1 year later we have a neg report on our credit for $62.50. This is true.

Dallas, Texas, United States #736551

When I asked why they try to sell me different things each service,I was told from the Terminix service person that they are pressured to sell an additional $1200 per month. The just need to focus on service rather than sales!!!

to Pipeline #737262

Mgmt. Needs to make there bonus money,all they care about is new revenue,they will "Bug" you until you cancel with high pressure sales,service techs who do not comply,get harassed constantly,and get abused daily they treat there employees like dirt as you can read from all these post from around the country the best advice we can give you is stay far,far,away,employee turn over terrible there and those who stay dread going to work everyday,just ask your service tech you will be shocked!Stay local no hard sells usually there Good Luck.

same with me. how can you get them to stop?

to Anonymous #725739

Have the local news investigative reporters do a investigation on there upsale practices,Termite system changes every couple years biggest scam there!Exterior inspections on termite renewals which they know are unethical but are done to get numbers up for mgmt bonuses,Ultimate protection plans sold to customers who do not know they get 2 bills hid into 1 pest package know to hide it!I could write all day but everybody knows the game here.

Wildwood, Florida, United States #414448

Yep! That is how both Terminix & TruGreen (both owned by Service Master) do business.

High-pressure "sand-bagging" sales tactics, followed up by very poor customer service. The running joke at the office was that we were just a marketing corporation that did pest control on the side! The Managers would tell the Techs that the Salesmen's job was just to get the customer to commit, and to get the Techs on the property. Then the next step was for all employees to UPSELL!

UPSELL! UPSELL! Anything for an extra buck! And through all of this b.s.

good customer service falls by the wayside. Oh well "just sell more" they would tell us.

know these incompetent losers are trying to sell me insulation, bugs ,insulation,no treat termite contracts, biggest scam they have going the last couple years ,consumer have to be real cautious when dealing with these cos. lot of complaints acrossed the board!,

We called Terminex to get rid of an infestation of ants, which they did. They could do it where 2 other companies could not.

I'll give them that. But then, after they completed the ant control, they continued to call us every single day trying to sell us more of their services.

We told them we didn't want anything else from them, but it did no good. Don't start with Terminex, or they will PESTer you to death!

Texaswow

I just wanted to say I used to work for this company and you are right it is a scam i used to make those annoying phone calls all the time they would have me call the same people over and over until they gave up to get us off the phone and to stop calling them. They would have me lie to them and tell them the next door neighbor had termites and all kinds of stuff Sorry you had to deal with it, stay away from this company!

was recently "let go" from Terminix simply because I didn't sell enough. My customers loved me, never rec'd any complaints, always completed my route 95% or greater, and collected well each month. But because I didn't sell 2-3000$ worth of overpriced and oftentimes totally unnecessary products and/or services every month they had to let me go. While I did in fact sell (usually at least 500 -1000$/month but sometimes well over the 2000$/month "goal"), my numbers apparently weren't good enough. Trust me, you are far better off with a locally owned pest company that doesn't offer all the other products/services and force their service techs to sell. Or better yet, go to doityourselfpestcontrol.com and you can get the exact same products that I used as a tech.

Do the math: On average, the yearly cost for pest control with Terminix is $300.00 (75$ every 3 months). Go to doit yourselfpestcontrol.com and spend 50-100$ and you will have enough product to last you 2 - 3 years.

terminix pest control for 3 years =$900.00

doityourselfpestcontrol.com for 3 years = $50-100.00

And if you do go with Terminix, pray that your service tech (pmp) actually gives enough of a rat's *** to provide a good service, because believe me, plenty of them do not. Just a little information and common sense is all anyone needs to take care of their pest problem. There are plenty of avenues one can use to gain necessary info to treat their home correctly, without having to pay dearly.

Obviously I'm not happy with the way I was let go, but the above points reflect the way I've felt for quite some time. I was with the company over two years, and I developed a lot of good relationships with many of my customers. I can honestly say that I treated my customers the way I would expect to be treated, and tried to treat their homes like each was my own. In the two + years I was there, I did see a lot of questionable ethics. And nearly all of these situations revolved around money. Sell, Sell, Sell!! was the mantra.

Do yourself a favor, think twice about dealing with the big companies. Like every other large corporation, it's all about the almighty dollar.

Yep, TruGreen-Chemlawn are also owned by ServiceMaster, which by the way really means "service THE master." My spouse worked for TruGreen for only a few short months, and had a minor heart attack due to all their BS. So, what TruGreen does is to send the sales men out to unsolicited peoples homes(you better keep your gate locked) and then at night the salesmen will use a "reverse directory" that has the addresses listed, THEN the phone number right next to it...they will then call that unsuspecting homeowner/renter and give their canned sales It will usually start something like "Mrs.Smith, I am your neighborhood Tru Geen representative and I was in your area today and I noticed that you have 32 different weeds and 100 different diseases in your lawn.

For "___.00" I will come and spray your lawn and I will also do your dishes and wash your windows." Basically they will say anything in order to make a sale.

Dont let thse idiots near your home, and you better get a Pit Bull with AIDS to keep them at a distance. Yes, TruGreen and Terminix and ServiceMaster are all one cooperation.

to Stay far far away from any of #743944

True. No more.

we told them we moved and thought we got rid of them!!! One year later we got a negative credit report amt 62.50.

How do you spell Lawyer? Didn t know I needed to send them CERTIFIED letter to CANCEL.