We had our entire house treated and (2 floors) and when we requested re-treatment of a frequently used couch and 2 bedrooms prior to the expiration of their 3-month guarantee period, the technician blew-off that request and did not even respond to our phone calls. He even said, "If you have any concerns, call me personally, not the office, I can be here sooner and advise you or re-treat something if you or I feel it's needed."

Well, that's exactly what we did, he (the technician) didn't respond to our call. The salesman's excuse, after we contacted the terminix (aka terminex) office was that he (the technician) was having personal issues so he wasn't available "at that time". Guess what? We are having and continue to have bed bug issues 6+ months after the initial treatment. Terminix's or (aka Terminex's) employees personnel issues are not our concern! However, our continuing infestation due to their lack of costumer requested follow-ups IS!! We paid over $1000 to "eliminate" our bed bug problem, they provided exactly $0 worth of follow-up service. I wish I could charge someone $1000 for failed services -- and legally get away with it, as Terminix (aka Terminex) does for years on end while at the same time establishing myself(company) as a "reliable and trusted service". BTW we are now doing 'self-treatment' with store bought sprays at $20 a pop. Wish we had that $1000 back so we could afford more instead of having to burn through our monthly SSN payments.

Thanks Terminex or (Terminix), as it were, for robbing us of our limited savings for failing to properly eliminate our bug problem as per your guarantee by disregarding our calls for obviously needed & requested re-treatments.

Suggestion to any future Terminex or Terminix customers, DON'T PAY-IN FULL 'TILL AFTER YOUR GUARANTEE/AGREEMENT IS SATISFACTORILY FULFILLED AND YOU NO LONGER HAVE A BUG/PEST PROBLEM!!

Comments

Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States #800087

why did you wait 3 months for a retreat on bed bugs. bed bugs should have been retreated every 10 days.

but it's people like you who wait til the end to try to get one last treatment in before the warranty runs out. it happens all the time in the business. you should have been on the phone every week to get something done.

2 treatments don't get rid of bed bugs. and your home depot $20 home defense isn't going to work.

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States #789134

Did you get rid of your bedbugs? How?

Techs at Terminix do not like doing retreats cause they don't get paid for them. However on the other side of the coin, your tech is not a robot, and he is human just like you.

He could have been ill, or dealing with personal family issues that are none of your business and not of your concern. Even your tech needs time away from work. Calling him at home? That is over the top.

Give him some peace. I had a customer who would call me at MY home at 11:30 pm while I was asleep, and she would start by saying "I have this bug, and it looks like....". She never gave me a moments peace. When I moved, she got really mad cause from what I am told she got real mouthy with the office staff and was mad cause (in her words) "He didn't tell me he was moving.." WTF?

I didn't know I needed a customers permission to move!

I hope your tech is better now, and that he doesn't have to be your tech anymore. :grin