recently hired terminix everything went fine at first,then the sales person showed up tried to sell me termite coverage, insulation,etc.told him i only had flea issues,he then proceeded to tell me about all the termites in my neighborhood asked him if he knew any of there names since i have lived here my entire 40 yrs. of my life lol!these guys must be under a lot of pressure?then i enlightened him that i had done pest control while working my ay threw college,went right over his head,i assured him i had no termite issues,but let him do his inspection he in turn told me he had found termite swarmers on windowsill area asked him to show me area, and o boy he was right there were hundreds of swarmers on window PAVEMENT ANT SWARMERS!

i in turned asked him to look again he did and got a little nervous honest mistake i told him even thogh a ant swarmer is segmented between the head and thorax.He said your right lol!to this day, don't know if he was incompentent or a crook? needless to say i went local would of done it myself if i could of got chemical online do it yourself pest control for you handy people watch these large co's

Review about: Terminix Pest Control.

Comments

Waterbury, Connecticut, United States #632800

Ive worked at Terminex for seven years in Connecticut as a scanner for termites. I check bait tubes around peoples houses, the Service master motto is "to honor God in all we do".

Since March 1st of this year we have no supplies and my manager Kevin tells me just to go out and "make it look like im doing something"!

I hate stealing, cheating and robbing my customers but if I don't listen id lose my job. Do you think we honor God in all we do?

to Paul #633301

Very common practice 180 dollars for replacement monitors online,1 box of active bait at our branch 30 replacement caps for hundreds of customers,all they do is watch there p l maybe that's why Fallon left? He knew what goes on here they are all in on the scam! GOD HAS A PLACE FOR THEM HOPE THEY LIKE IT HOT!

Wildwood, Florida, United States #416568

I had a Terminix Salesman use the same "hard-sell" tactics on me. He was telling all kinds of scary stories about pest infestations in the area. And he was trying to pile-on all types of extra Terminix services, that I found out later were not true and not needed either.

I posted my story about their entire scam on www.consumeraffairs.com

Wildwood, Florida, United States #416325

You folks have hit the nail on the head about the continuous fraud that Terminix is perpetrating!

For more information; visit the "Terminix - Consumer Alert!" website at www.syix.com/emu

This site lists all of Terminix Customer Complaints, Employee Complaints, Lawsuits and Government Actions against Terminix.

Also BEWARE of TruGreen LawnCare, and American Home Shield, as they are both owned by the same company [ServiceMaster] as Terminix.

YOUR RIGHT I QUIT TODAY DIDN'T FEEL GOOD ABOUT MY DAILY PRACTICES,LOT OF DAILY PRESSURE THERE ALL THE MGRS ARE IN THE MYAN RIVERIA! ON THERE BLOOD MONEY BONUS TRIP,WHILE THE BONES OF THIS CORRUPT CORP,ARE WORKING 6 DAYS A WEEK AND STILL BEING TOLD THERE USELESS!WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND,ALL I CAN TELL CONSUMERS IS STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THESE CROOKS AS POSSIBLE,THEY COULD CARE LESS ABOUT YOU OR YOUR PROPERTY,ALL THEY WORRY ABOUT IS YOUR MONEY,AND AFTER THEY GET IT YOU ARE JUST A NUMBER TO THEM,SORRY I HAD TO TAKE A JOB THERE,BUT HAD TO DO WHAT I HAD TO DO,I HAVE TO GO TO THE CONFESSIONAL NOW TO ATONE FOR MY SINS.

Wildwood, Florida, United States #415244

Speaking first hand as someone who worked a few months as a salesman for Terminix, you are right. Two comments that you made in your narrative are spot-on!

a] "These guys must be under a lot of pressure." Terminix employees have a weekly sales quota that they have to hit, or get wrote-up and lose their jobs!

and b] "....he was incompetant or a crook." Either this guy was new, or he was out-right lying just to hustle you for an upsell. You were very smart in getting the facts first, and then going with a local company that actually cares about having your business!!