Ithaca, New York

I signed a one-year contract with Terminix. The contract was hand-written and did not contain any info associated with auto-renew. I DID read the contract!!

Of course, they went ahead and auto-renewed me without any notice. I only found out because a guy came and did pest control after the contract date and I talked to him about it.

When I called terminix to cancel, the woman adamantly denied it was an auto-renew. She said it was a "continuation of service". I asked what the difference was between auto-renew and continuing the service past the one-year contract. She told me I didn't sign a one-year contract, but a contract for services, and it would continue until cancelled. When I questioned her further one this, she said "Have a nice day" and hung up!!

Review about: Terminix Ant Pest Control.

I didn't like: Auto-renew scam, Rude customer service.

1.8
Turnaround Time
Service Scheduling
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Terminix Membership
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss auto-renew scam / $113
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Terminix?

Comments

h.kitchener

So, don't pay it. Dispute the charge if you gave them your credit card info. If you originally paid with a debit card then you now know why using a debit card can be so dangerous.